CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE
The County of El Dorado , Chief Administrative Office, Facilities Division is a Division of the Chief Administrative Office and provides a broad range of internal support services for County departments. These include construction, custodial, and the maintenance and repair of county owned and leased facilities and grounds. Facilities is committed to plan for, build and maintain the most efficient, effective facilities for County operations for the short and long term. THE OPPORTUNITY
Put your knowledge and experience with building, equipment repair and maintenance into action! You will have the opportunity to perform a variety of skilled craft work including painting, carpentry, plumbing, hvac maintenance, mechanical, and electrical installation, repair, maintenance, and modification work at County buildings and facilities. This position is located in South Lake Tahoe, CA. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
In addition to these great opportunities, Building Maintenance Workers in South Lake Tahoe are eligible for the following:
- Plan, schedule, prioritize, and assign skilled craft projects in accordance with plans, specifications, and timelines.
- Perform troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, installation, and adjustment to a variety of complex County mechanical and electrical systems, such as boilers, circulating pumps, generators, batteries, lighting and electrical control systems, valves, piping and plumbing fixtures, furnaces, blowers and ductwork, pneumatic tubes, water supply and drainage systems, and appliance and fire sprinkler systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on mechanical systems, including lubricating, changing filters, cleaning, and testing components.
- Install and modify electrical systems; run new circuits, pull wire, and install outlets, switches, and fixtures.
- Install, modify, and repair plumbing and piping systems, including water supply lines, valves, and fixtures, as well as drain, waste, and vent systems.
- Perform skilled carpentry work, including the preparation of concrete forms; places and finishes concrete; frames platforms, walls, decks, and partitions; installs, tapes, and textures sheetrock; installs finish material such as baseboards, trims, and moldings.
- Install and repair roofing materials; patches and make emergency repairs to existing roofing.
- Construct and modify cabinetry and office furnishings, including bookcases, tables, and specialized furniture; installs, laminates, and applies finishes.
- Fabricate parts and fittings; makes assemblies and repairs units used in maintenance work from work orders, drawings, specifications, sketches, manuals, and oral instructions.
- Repair and installs doors, windows, and associated hardware; change and key locks; installs security hardware.
- Perform routine painting of interior and exterior surfaces; install wall coverings and a variety of floor coverings.
- $100/year tool allowance
- $300/year boot allowance
- $92.30/per pay period Tahoe differential pay if you live and work in the South Lake Tahoe area
- $300/year uniform allowance
- Enrollment in low cost health benefits available through the bargaining unit which represents the Building Maintenance Worker classification.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description here . THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Chief Administrative office is looking for an individual that has demonstrated professional skill in working with a wide variety of tools and equipment in the carpentry, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical trades. The incumbent will have knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand, power, and shop tools and equipment common in the field as well as experience servicing and repairing of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and fire suppression systems. The incumbent will also be able to exercise independent judgment and display initiative without close supervision. The incumbent will possess a positive attitude and enjoy completing projects with the maintenance team. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following minimum qualifications:
Any combination of the required experience, education, and training that would provide the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
Building Maintenance Worker I :
Equivalent to graduation from high school;
Two (2) years of experience in stationary equipment mechanical maintenance work, electrical maintenance and repair, carpentry, plumbing, or painting.
Building Maintenance Worker II :
Equivalent to graduation from high school;
Two (2) years of experience in plumbing, painting, mechanical, carpentry, and/or electrical maintenance work at a level equivalent to the County's class of Building Maintenance Worker I. At this level, an incumbent is expected to have journey-level skills in at least one (1) craft area.Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver's License by time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of Universal EPA Section 608 Technician certification within six (6) months of hire.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for an Building Maintenance Worker I/II as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Elizabeth Sorg in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%):
A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete.
For more information on the recruitment process click here .Based on the hiring department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Building Maintenance Worker I/II. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently one (1) full time vacancy in the Chief Administrative Office, Facilities Division located in South Lake Tahoe, CA.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!Education & Experience Requirements (typing "See Resume" in application will not be accepted)
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous