***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
DAY CAMP COUNSELOR II
East Bay Explorers Program HIRING DEPARTMENT:
Parks & Recreation PROGRAM:
"East Bay Explorers" (11 - 14 year old youth program) WORK LOCATION:
Willow Pass Community Center, 2748 East Olivera Road, Concord, 94519 DATES:
Staff Training: Select dates/times between June 1, 2021 - June 5, 2021
Camp Runs: June 7, 2021 - August 6, 2021HOURS:
Vary between 7:30 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Approximately 20-35 hours per week SALARY RANGE:
$15.60 per hour FINAL FILING DATE:
until filled THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal "East Bay Explorers" Summer Day Camp Counselor II, possesses:
- The experience, skills and ability to be a team leader working with 11 - 14 year olds;
- Effective communication skills with youth, parents and coworkers;
- Good customer service skills with youth, parents and coworkers; and
- Knowledge of how to lead creative children's games, art, recreational activities and sports.
As a Counselor II, you will:
- Assist in planning, organizing, and leading activities in crafts, nature, group games, sports and STEM activities.
- Enthusiastically prepare, conduct and actively participate in camp activities, trips and swim days.
- Work together with team members to implement camp programs including local excursions, swimming, barbecues, sports, games, art, cooking projects and contests.
- Be an excellent role model and mentor for youth ages 11 to 14 years old.
For more program information, please visit
http://cityofconcord.org Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge and Abilities
- Plan and implement games, crafts and STEM activities.
- Supervise and monitor participants to provide for their safety during program.
- Establish positive relationships with youth, parents and coworkers.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of good work ethics and youth development.
- Gather and organize supplies for scheduled activities.
- Other duties as applies.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Possess experience in leading teams.
- Possess experience leading recreational activities in a day care or day camp setting working with youth is highly desired.
- Must be at least 18 years old and in good health; have, or be willing to obtain before start of program: Fingerprint clearance, TB clearance; CPR, First Aid, AED certification; Food Handling Certification, and have a valid California Driver's license. Must be available to participate in mandatory Training Workshops select dates and times between June 1st - June 5th. APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES:
To apply for this position go to, http://cityofconcord.org/ and click on Employment Opportunities. All applications and resumes will be reviewed in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. Applicants will be notified of interview time and date. Other:
For additional information, please contact:
Devynn Darner, 925-671-3118 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 08/06/21 5:00 PM Pacific Time