The Position There is an additional 3.35% Management Differential which is added to the posted salary for this class.This is a limited continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on: 3/26/2021, 4/23/2021, 5/7/2021*, 5/21/2021* (final)
The Risk and Loss Control Division Manager provides coordination, oversight, and leadership to the County's risk management program including liability, property, insurance safety, and loss control activities. **Please click here to review the brochure for this opportunity.** Watch to explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Principles and practices of effective supervision, budget management, the underwriting principles of liability, fire and crime insurance coverage
- Methods of risk analysis, loss prevention, insurance purchasing and loss reserves
- The methods of investigating and determining the disposition of various types of insurance claims
- Principles and techniques of accident prevention
- California laws relating to employee health and safety, the types of occupations found in the public service and the kinds of equipment, operations, and hazards involved
- Industrial and other employment health hazards
- Statistics as applied to the field of safety
- Methods and principles of supervision
Employment Qualifications Minimum QualificationsEducation:
- Supervise and direct the work of other managers, promote safety, and organize and develop effective programs for the prevention of accidents and reduction of occupational hazards
- Make surveys and investigations of the cause of accidents, evaluate results and recommend preventative measures
- Develop and interpret statistic information
- Effectively deal with County employees, legal and insurance representatives, and the public, often in situations where relations may be strained and where the exercise of tact, patience, and discretion is required
- Communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Plan and direct the work of others
A Bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university in industrial engineering, safety engineering, occupational safety and health, or other closely related engineering or technology field; additional qualifying experience may substitute for the education on a year-for-year basis.ANDExperience:
Five years of experience managing staff engaged in a municipal risk management program or related insurance industry program.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.
License Required : A valid California Driver's License, Class C or higher will be required prior to appointment. Failure to maintain the appropriate driver's license may constitute cause for disciplinary action. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is twelve (12)
months. Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 5/21/2021 5:00 PM Pacific