The Position This is a continuous filing exam. Next filing cut-offs are at 5:00 pm on:11/4/2020, 12/2/2020 *1/4/2021, *2/3/2021, *3/3/2021, *4/2/2021, *5/3/2021, *6/4/21, *7/2/21, *8/6/21, *9/3/21 (Final)
Performs a variety of staff and leadworker tasks related to the performance of professional land and engineering survey work involving the establishment and determination of land boundaries, vertical and horizontal control. Conducts research pertaining to land or engineering surveying, property titles, descriptions and deeds for the purpose of construction of public works projects, including but not limited to roads, drainage, water, sanitary, bridges, and other structures and projects. Watch to explore your career with purpose Examples of Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge of
- Surveying principles, practices, methodologies, and techniques.
- Leadworker principles, practices, and training techniques.
- California Coordinate System, Land Surveyors Act, Subdivision Map and other statutes related to land surveying.
- Engineering, surveying, and mathematical concepts and practices as applied to office and field survey work.
- Use and application of survey instruments for measurements for public works facilities and projects
- Basic principles of training procedures and practices.
- Acceptable safety standards and safe practices in public works construction and safe work practices.
- Local codes related to land development, including Zoning Code and Title 22 of the Sacramento County code.
- Practices of boundary determination, land title research, legal descriptions of real property, easements, and terminology
Employment Qualifications Minimum QualificationsEither: 1.
- Plan and provide lead direction to assigned staff.
- Prepare detailed technical documentation and survey notes.
- Independently perform specialized assignments requiring fundamental knowledge of surveying work.
- Configure and operate automated and electronic survey instruments and equipment.
- Interpret and write legal descriptions of real property.
- Maintain sets of survey records and prepare reports to maintain control of project progress.
- Interpret and explain the County requirements related to survey and mapping to outside consultants, contractors, and other public agencies.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with coworkers and the public.
- Read, write, and speak English at a level necessary for satisfactory work performance.
Graduation from a four-year curriculum in Surveying, Surveying Engineering or Surveying Geomatics accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.And
One year of full-time paraprofessional experience performing duties related to surveying and boundary determinations.Or: 2.
Possession of a valid California Land Surveyor-in-Training certificate issued by the State of California's Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists (formerly known as California State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors).And
Four years of full-time paraprofessional experience performing duties related to surveying and boundary determinations.Note:
If the word "experience" is referenced in the minimum qualifications, it means full-time paid experience unless the minimum qualification states that volunteer experience is acceptable. Part-time paid experience may be accumulated and pro-rated to meet the total experience requirements.Note:
If the minimum qualifications include an educational or certificate/license requirement, applicants must submit proof of requirements with the application. Failure to submit proof of requirements may result in disqualification from the examination. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. For guidelines on submitting acceptable proof of educational requirements, please click here or speak to someone in our office before the cut-off date listed in this notice.General Qualifications
Driver's License: Possess and maintain a valid California Driver's License, Class C or higher. Failure to maintain a valid California Driver's License, Class C or higher constitutes cause for termination from the class in accordance with Civil Service Rule 11.4. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Physical Abilities: Some assignments may require incumbents to be physically capable of performing manual labor including the lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 75 pounds; perform a variety of physical tasks in inclement weather and in a variety of difficult locations and conditions; must possess sufficient eye-hand coordination to utilize a variety of hand and power-driven tools.
Working Conditions: Incumbents are subject to emergency and on-call work in all kinds of weather, and under hazardous conditions, at other than normal duty hours.Probationary Period
The probationary period for this classification is six (6)
months.Application and Testing Information APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. All applicants must complete and submit an online County of Sacramento employment application by 5:00 PM
on the posted cut-off date. Click here to apply.County of Sacramento
Department of Personnel Services
Employment Services Division
700 H Street, Room 4667
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 874-5593; 7-1-1 California Relay ServiceEmail
EmployOffice@Saccounty.net Inter-Office Mail Code: 09-4667
- Employment applications and all documentation requested in this announcement must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- Your application should highlight all relevant education, training, and experience, and clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position as of the cut-off date.
- Application information must be current, concise and related to the requirements in this job announcement. You may only apply for this recruitment once. Duplicate and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A resume may be included with your application, however it will not substitute for the information requested on the application.
Applicants are required to provide a full and complete response to each supplemental question. The Supplemental Questionnaire is located in the tab marked "Supplemental Questions". Please be descriptive in your response.Note:
Responses of "See Resume" or "See Application", or copy and paste of work experience are not qualifying responses and will not be considered.
FORMULA RATE EXAMINATION (Weighted 100%)
- Supplemental Questionnaires must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. Employment Services is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by an applicant's computer or web browser. Applicants will be automatically logged out if they have not submitted their applications and all documentation prior to 5:00 p.m. on the cut-off date.
- The supplemental questions are designed to elicit specific information regarding a candidate's experience, education, and training. Responses should be consistent with the information on your application and are subject to verification.
- Please provide place of employment, pertinent dates, and concise, descriptive and detailed information for each question.
- If a job included responsibilities applicable to several questions, separate the different functions of the job to answer all the questions completely.
- Resumes or referral to the application or other questionnaire responses will not be accepted in lieu of completing each question.
- If you have no experience, write "no experience" for the appropriate question.
- For many individuals, it is more efficient to develop responses to the supplemental questions in a word processing document and then paste them into the final document to be submitted. Changes or corrections to your Supplemental Questionnaire cannot be made once your application packet has been submitted.
- If the Supplemental Questionnaire is used in the Formula Rate exam, failure to complete all of the questions or incomplete responses will result in a lower score. While scoring the Supplemental Questionnaire, the candidate's application and/or attachments will not be reviewed , therefore, a candidate's responses to the questions should be accurate, thorough, detailed, and complete.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications by the cut-off date will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination.
This examination will evaluate the relevance, level, recency, progression and quality of candidate's education, training and experience. The candidate's application or other materials will not be included in this examination. Therefore, the candidate's responses to the supplemental questionnaire should be thorough, detailed and complete. The score from the Formula Rate Examination will determine the ranking on the eligible/employment list for this job.
All candidates competing in the testing process will receive written notice of their examination results by email. Notices can also be accessed in their governmentjobs.com inbox. Applicants achieving a passing score will be placed on the eligible list in rank order. The rank is determined by the test score attained from the examination.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
For information regarding County jobs:
Closing Date/Time: 9/3/2021 5:00 PM Pacific