Summary WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America." Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That's why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-generated values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment. SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for providing a safe, secure and entertaining environment for the children of members and guests.Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide a clean, well-maintained and safe playroom area.
- Provide positive and enthusiastic customer service to all members and guests by greeting members by name, exceeding their expectations with service, saying good bye and inviting them back again the next day.
- Provide an entertaining and stimulating environment for the children.
- Monitor the children's activities to ensure their safety at all times.
- Properly clean, disinfect and maintain the playroom areas, including all toys, equipment, play surfaces and other spaces.
- Maintain accurate records on all children within the playroom area. This includes having a medical form and release on each child, having children signed in and out by parents and making sure that all incidences involving the children are recorded.
- Provide activities and encourage play which is appropriate to the developmental levels of the children.
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner or professionalism that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the facility. This includes wearing facility approved attire and nametag.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings.
- Adhere to all of the written mandatory standards of operation, policies, procedures, manuals, memos, and oral instructions, etc.
- Arrive to work every day on time as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with respect.
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be at least sixteen years of age.
- Some High School or working towards High School diploma.
- CPR Certification required with specific training in CPR for children.
- Knowledge of First Aid.
- Babysitting certification required within 30 days of hire
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Some related work experience preferred, but not required.
Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- No visible tattoos, body piercings, or unnatural hair color.
The indoor environment provides for a safe and healthy work environment and is smoke and drug free. Occasionally, it may be wet and humid, as well as moderately loud. The outdoor work environment may result in exposure to extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold, and humidity. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to see, speak, and hear. Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous