POSITION SUMMARY GENERAL SUMMARY
The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains, pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in commercial and industrial buildings within the city
- Installs, repairs, and tests backflow devices
- Unclogs and repairs drainage systems for commercial and industrial buildings
- Troubleshoots and repairs water heaters
- Reads and interprets data, information, documents, and manufacturers' manuals blueprints
- Tracks and accounts for work completed
- Performs related work as required
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City currently offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match! Beginning January 1st 2021, the City will participate in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) which will require a 3% contribution from employees. Anyone hired after Jan 1, 2021 will be automatically enrolled in FRS. NOTE:
The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Teamsters Local Union 769 and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Teamsters Local Union 769.JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalency, or trade school
- Three (3) to five (5) years of journeyman level plumbing experience.
- Broward County Journeyman Plumber License, State of Florida Driver's License
may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work.HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form ( J204 ) at time of application.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous