The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
This is advanced professional, technical, and administrative work of more than average difficulty in supporting the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) needs of the City. Works with departments and/or divisions to evaluate areas where the application of GIS can be used to facilitate improvements; configures and maintains map-centric web applications and web services; configures and maintains enterprise geodatabases in relational database management systems (RDBMS) software. Acts as a lead worker.
The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.The City offers a wide variety of benefits to employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, new hires are automatically enrolled in the Florida Retirement System (FRS), which requires a 3% contribution from employees.
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify.
This job classification is in Management Category III for benefits purposes.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Participates in the administration of the City's enterprise GIS
- Installs, configures and maintains server-side GIS software
- Administers ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online
- Participates in the training and mentoring of GIS Analysts
- Makes recommendations for improvements to methodologies and procedures supporting the enterprise GIS
- Designs and implements data schemas for the City's enterprise GIS database and for specific GIS solutions
- Conducts studies of City departments and their subcomponents to identify and implement added value uses of GIS and other location-based technologies
- Leads collaborative efforts to implement map-based solutions with sub-functions that include establishing requirements, formulating project plans, and managing timelines for implementation
- Designs and implements map-based solutions, many of which may be interactive solutions built using web technologies
- Implements configurable Esri applications and solution templates
- Creates and updates Esri web services
- Supports the data science and related data analytics needs of City departments, particularly those associated with data including a geographic component
- Creates scripts and tools for automating tasks and workflows
- Updates data in the City's enterprise GIS database
- Provides ongoing software and data support to users of GIS software
- Conducts formal and informal training of GIS concepts and software
- Provides after hours technology support as needed
- Stays abreast of developments in the GIS field and other related technology disciplines
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, geography, engineering, mathematics or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the GIS field to include experience administering and using ESRI's ArcGIS suite of software.
- Additional qualifying experience in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education, at the Division Manager's discretion.
- Additional coursework at an accredited college or university in a job related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for one year of the required experience.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Florida driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- On-call availability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Positions working with Police systems will require an in-depth employment background check, including a polygraph exam, and will be conducted as part of the post offer onboarding process if this position is deemed security sensitive.
may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position involves light physical demands, such as exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form ( J204 ) at time of application.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous