At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles . If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under general supervision, the Director, Student Financial Services, is responsible for the administration of University Cash Services, Student Financials (includes, Sponsorships), Financial Aid Accounting and Student Accounts Receivable (including Perkins Loans) with a total permanent, full time staff of 20 (including two direct reports). The incumbent identifies, develops and implements best business practices, consistent with the University's collegiate mission and in accordance with operating and accounting objectives.
• Ensures that internal accounting controls are present and operative, within and between departments, to safeguard the University's assets.
• Establishes procedures and timelines for effective response and resolution of delinquent student accounts receivable.
• Promotes a collaborative environment with all University departments and auxiliaries to enhance interdepartmental and student servicing.
• As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/39IIqLS
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited institution with a Bachelor's degree in business administration or job related field; Master's degree preferred.
• Equivalent to six years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience required; with three of the six years in a managerial role.
• Ten years of supervisory experience in financial oversight in an academic setting, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
• Familiarity and experience in state of CA administrative codes and laws.
• Advanced knowledge of computers and the ability to utilize a variety of software applications.
• Excellent organizational and problem resolution skills. Strong interpersonal skills with staff and students.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
• Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
• Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• Applications received through February 23, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California