Salary: $84,815.00 USD
Salary Top: $88,674.00
Apply By: Apr 23, 2021
DEFINITION: Under general direction of District Attorney, prosecutes criminal cases; litigates civil cases; and may provide legal advice to County departments, commissions, boards, and special districts.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: This class represents the full working level legal class in the County. Incumbents are expected to exercise judgment in carrying out assignments. Direction is received from the District Attorney who reviews work by means of case conferences or written direction and an analysis of results achieved, measured against goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The duties listed below are examples of the work typically performed by an employee in this position. An employee may not be assigned all duties listed and may be assigned duties which are not listed below
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates reports, requests for criminal complaints, and evidence gathered from law enforcement personnel to determine whether a request is justified or whether additional evidence is needed.
- Determines and authorizes charges filed; prepares complaints, affidavits, warrants, and summonses; prepares motions and other pleadings for court; prepares cases and witnesses for court; serves as the prosecutor in court proceedings; conducts hearings.
- Conducts legal research and analyses; interprets and applies statutes, regulations, court decisions, and other legal authorities to use in preparing legal briefs, motions, and cases.
- Prepares pleadings, briefs, appeals, and other legal documents in connection with trials, hearings, and other legal proceedings; prepares responses to opposing counsel's motions or briefs.
- Serves as legal advisor at commission, board, or special district meetings; drafts ordinances, rules, regulations, policies, and by-laws; prepares and negotiates contracts; provides legal advice, guidance, opinions, and interpretations to County departments and local government agencies.
- Prepares legal documents; conducts discovery; negotiates, settles, and tries civil cases.
- Provides advice and recommends disposition of civil cases and criminal cases ; interviews witnesses; negotiates agreements and settlements; oversees the quality of work produced by staff
- Provides advice and guidance to law enforcement personnel and others on criminal procedures and proceedings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Legal research methods and resources; applicable laws as related to the operation of the Office of the District Attorney; judicial procedures; Office policies and procedures and computer proficiency.
- Read, analyze and interpret complex legal documents, as well as to present persuasive and well-reasoned arguments in courts as well as public meeting.
Work with mathematical concepts and apply them to practical applications in cases
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
Contact Human Resources Director Timothy Bunch at; email@example.com or by calling (775)293-6596.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed and in good standing with the State Bar of Nevada or eligible for limited practice pursuant to Nevada Supreme Court Rule 49.4. Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
****Benefit Package includes: Employee paid medical plan, dental, vision, annual leave and sick leave, paid life insurance plan and Public Employees Retirement Plan enrollment.
297 Nevada Northern Railway #4, Ely, Nevada