CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Director of Web and Technology Services, and at the direction of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Division of Student Affairs Assessment and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day administration of assessment and evaluation activities. The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing activities around assessment and evaluation services.
• Performs program review for the division of Student Affairs.
• Serves as the assessment and evaluation expert for the division of Student Affairs.
• Collaborates with Student Affairs senior leadership, department directors, as well as key campus partners and peers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/2Mtfyyn
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field. Master's degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education Administration, statistics, data analysis, or related field preferred.
• Equivalent to three (3) years of full-time, progressively responsible technical, analytical, or administrative experience, preferably involving student learning outcomes assessment and evaluation activities in co-curricular and/or academic support programs.
• Additional experience in job-related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required education, on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Working knowledge of operational analysis and techniques. Familiarity with software and tools common to large-scale data collection, assessment and evaluation, statistical analysis, and data visualization: Qualtrics, SPSS, R, Excel, Tableau, D3, Plotly, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of assessment tools common in higher education. Practical working knowledge of databases, data warehousing and associated tools a plus.
• Ability and specialized skills to expertly investigate and analyze problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
• Ability to: oversee and/or train others and provide lead work direction; interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
• Compile, write and present reports related to program or administrative specialty; and communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 1038 / Admin Analyst/Specialist
• The salary range for this classification is: $3897 -$7051 per month. The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $ 3897-$5833, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through February 10, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California