CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Database and Systems Management Lead, the Database and Systems Management Analyst is responsible for administration, installation, configuration, documentation and day-to-day operations of PeopleSoft applications (CSUN Portal and its related components) and database on-premise and cloud environments.
• Responsible for application monitoring and performance; conducts functional/performance testing; makes appropriate configuration changes, and contributes to all daily operational tasks related to the PeopleSoft and database environments.
• Works closely with web development, application development, database administration and system administration teams on projects and break-fix tasks.
• Identifies and recommends solutions using IaaS, PaaS or SaaS services with a focus on reliability, performance and cost.
• Contributes to DevOps development activities to streamline workflows and assists in coordinating with key clients inside and outside Information Technology Division to communicate/schedule system upgrades and maintenance windows.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3nCu83h
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
• Certification training and applied experience may be substituted for the required education, on a year-for-year basis up to two years.
• Equivalent to six months of full-time, progressively responsible field-related experience, one year preferred.
• Experience working with application monitoring and performance tools and automation/configuration management using Ansible preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, WebLogic; Linux (RHEL/Oracle Linux) and Windows operating systems; and relational database engines (Oracle, MySQL, SQL).
• Knowledge of best practices and automated IT operations in an always-up, always-available services, and cloud concepts in AWS and Azure, preferred.
• Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, CI/CD based deployment technologies and working on Agile teams is a plus
• Ability and specialized skills to: analyze problems; propose effective solutions; understand functional and procedural requirements; relate solutions to management, technical staff, and users; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; make presentations; conduct meetings; provide user training; and prepare programming and user documentation.
• Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to write programs using one of the programming languages GO, Python, Java, C.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 0400 / Analyst/Programmer
• The salary range for this classification is: $3470 -$6681 per month. The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3470 - $4800, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through February 4, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit the link below:
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California