ERP & BI Lead Business Analyst
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Information Technology Services
This is a one year probationary position.
Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$7,500.00 - $8,500.00 Per Month ($90,000.00 - $102,000.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Business Analyst is a data expert who understands the business processes and functional needs of the PeopleSoft-Campus Solutions system and its configuration, regular use, and data structures within the system. The incumbent is a primary point of contact in the Campus's Information Technology Services (ITS) and the functional areas, providing module configuration, coordination of testing and support, escalating technical issues and change requests to the appropriate support staff. The incumbent also provides reporting and query writing support for the entire campus community.
In addition to working within the Campus Solutions system, the incumbent works collaboratively with a variety of university departments and their systems, which includes Human Resources and Common Financials System. The incumbent provides data integration, reporting and analysis at the enterprise level. Incumbent collaborates with the PeopleSoft Administration and Technical Team on projects, break-fixes, upgrades, and testing. Incumbent also collaborates with other departments and project teams on an as-needed basis.
Lead Business Analyst
- Serve as Lead Business Analyst coordinating the work effort of the Business Analyst team
- Serve as an internal consultant to functional users in matters related to systems capabilities and extraction and manipulation of data for decision-making.
- Provide maintenance and technical/functional support for PeopleSoft-Campus Solutions.
- Perform data analysis, business process captures and design activities in collaboration with functional users.
- Coordinate the activities and business processes of the functional units across careers such that system conflicts are prevented, and data integrity is maintained.
- Develop test scripts and collaborate with functional users on testing of new functionality, upgrades.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures designed to increase end user accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness of systems to functional users and managers.
- Assist in identifying and analyzing Campus Solutions system-related problems, and devising solutions.
- Perform daily systems operations related to PeopleSoft-Campus Solutions, including but not limited: data file feeds, user security, and other PeopleSoft administrator activities.
- Keep immediate team lead, product owner and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways for dealing with such problems.
- Collaborate with campus functional business analysts and PeopleSoft Security Administrators to coordinate PeopleSoft security and access needs for users in their assigned PeopleSoft module.
- Work closely with functional users and the Common Management Systems (CMS) team in solving systems-related problems and in coordinating systems support for enterprise resource planning.
- Collaborate with CMS team members on future Oracle and CMS upgrades and bundles.
Data Reporting, Analysis, Security
- Respond to customer requests for ad-hoc and standard reporting, including developing custom reports and queries as needed
- Respond to customer requests for security requests, including developing new PeopleSoft roles or permission lists as needed
- Collaborate with functional business analysts to ensure data integrity, quality, and consistency within the Campus Solutions system
- Coordinate system wide reporting via the Enrollment Reporting System with all relevant departments
- Coordinate system wide Oracle and/or CMS releases, upgrades, and bundles with all relevant departments
Other duties as assigned
To enter this classification, a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study. Foundation knowledge and skills for the Information Technology Consultant, depending on the nature of the position assignment, may include working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
Incumbents at the expert level work almost completely independently on the most complex problems and work assignments. They possess an advanced and comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialty and a working knowledge of related specialties and are able to apply this extensive expertise as a generalist or specialist. Experts are proactive and understand problems from broad, interactive perspective and are able to develop solutions that combine information and ideas in new, unprecedented ways. Incumbents at this level are capable of leading teams and implementation efforts for assigned projects using advanced communication and listening skills.
- Master preferably in computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field, or equivalent technical training and/or experience
- Three years of experience with configuring, supporting, or developing PeopleSoft applications with a desired emphasis in Campus Solutions Financial Aid module.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft (MS) Office products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and PPT.
- Proficient with report development tools such as SQL, PS Query, XML Publisher, or other similar tools
- SQL experience in an Oracle Server environment preferred.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft reporting tools such as PS Query and XML Publisher.
- Experience using People Tools 8.x to understand PeopleSoft screen behavior and data models.
- Ability to develop thorough understanding of assigned PeopleSoft module.
- Relevant Student Information Systems experience using PeopleSoft, or a similar system.
- Experience with configuring, supporting, or developing PeopleSoft applications.
- Understanding Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Ability to read technical documentation, architecture artifacts, and perform data modeling.
- Knowledge of IT systems in general and experience troubleshooting basic client and network issues as they relate to PeopleSoft access for proper escalation to other support teams.
- Experience in project management, either as a project manager or functional lead.
- Familiar with incident management systems and ability to capture detailed information for purpose of reproducing problems for problem resolution.
- Skill in system analysis, business analysis, and/or requirements development.
- Skill in analyzing and solving complex problems.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in designing and implementing technical solutions.
- Ability to act as a functional lead for the Campus Solutions system.
- Ability to analyze technical and functional aspects of a program and troubleshoot complex technical and functional issues
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot software to find causes of errors and recommend corrective actions or improvements
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and possess the flexibility and adaptability to changing requirements is required
- Ability to translate needs analysis results into functional designs and to develop and learn new technical skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently on assigned service tickets to address problems/incidents and provide resolutions.
- Repetitive wrist/finger motions with use of a computer.
- Computer usage for extended periods of time.
- Able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift 2OIbs occasionally.
- Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work*
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
How To Apply
**THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT SYSTEM WILL ALLOW ONLY ONE FILE ATTACHMENT FOR EACH SUBMISSION**
Submit an online application and upload in one file attachment your resume, cover letter, describing your specific qualifications for each position AND three (3) professional references who can comment upon your education and/or job related experience.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Open Until Filled.
Review of applications to begin February 1, 2021.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
San Francisco, California