SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $4,691.00/month to $6,683.00/month. PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary will be between $4,691.00/month to $5,687.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The GANAS (Gaining Access 'N Academic Success) Program is an innovative access and retention program that offers integrated academic and cultural programming to welcome and socialize new transfer students while increasing their confidence, engagement, academic success, persistence, and, ultimately, baccalaureate degree attainment rates. Students participate in a year-long cohort-based learning community paired with a transfer success seminar, intrusive academic counseling, and mentoring.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The GANAS Program Specialist will lead all programmatic components and academic partnerships. Duties will include, but not be limited to program event coordination, outreach and admissions, as well as oversight and implementation of the day-to-day operations of GANAS services.
* Plan, develop, and coordinate all GANAS participant events (i.e., Year End Ceremony, GANAS Welcome) including coordination of room reservations, staffing, logistics, and providing guidance and direction to volunteers, as well as overall event management on the day of the event.
* Establish a community among students by offering an ongoing selection of high impact practices to increase student contact, involvement, achievement, and overall satisfaction. This includes workshops, mentorship, faculty involvement and resources.
* Initiate and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups, including faculty, staff, student organizations and off-campus community groups.
* Provide annual assessment and evaluation to ensure that programs and services are meeting student needs.
* Work collaboratively with Equity Initiative Program Specialists to reduce redundancy.
* Update and manage content of GANAS website and support growth of online presence through social media.
* Assist GANAS team and participants in understanding general university policies and procedures, including referring students to other campus resources when applicable.
* Utilize technology tools (i.e. Bay Advisor, PeopleSoft, BaySync, Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs) to run reports and track GANAS services and participant success.
* Abide by all ethical, professional and educational (i.e. FERPA) standards related to educational engagement with students, and demonstrate sound professional judgment when making decisions related to participants, GANAS, CSUEB and related stakeholders.
Provide intake counseling and admissions assistance to prospective applicants.
* Conduct intake advising and counseling for all prospective GANAS participants ensuring they have a smooth transition to Cal State East Bay.
* Handle initial questions and conduct first line screening in all cases related to matriculation (admissions, financial aid, residency, housing, etc.)
* Troubleshoot admissions related problems by utilizing information from PeopleSoft and participants.
* Maintain contact records of all student interactions.
Assist in the day-to-day coordination of the identification and selection process to identify eligible GANAS students.
* Oversee selection process of admitted GANAS participants.
* Coordination of the day-to-day operation to identify, recruit, complete, and interview eligible candidates for the GANAS Program.
* Manage GANAS admissions student groups (ADGA) and indicators (GAP) on PeopleSoft.
* Coordinate and monitor GANAS email account; review documents, transmittals and other admissions related forms to select eligible GANAS participants, and respond accordingly.
* Determine criteria to select specific populations of students for follow-up documentation and/or review.
* Provide lead work direction to front desk office assistants in the coordination of office procedures to receive, process, and respond to ground mail, phone, and email for applicants. Provide lead work direction to admissions assistant in processing of applications, correspondence, and participant file organization.
* File management - Maintain electronic files for all active participants on S drive. Scan all hard-copy documents using high speed scanners; perform quality assurance to ensure that all documents meet a minimum standard of readability; rescan documents as necessary. Archive alumni participant files and/or documents to Google drive.
Create and provide outreach programming for prospective students
* Under the leadership of the GANAS Coordinator, coordinate and lead GANAS Outreach events for prospective transfer students. Attend targeted events to promote and recruit for GANAS Program (i.e. Puente Motivational Conference, Feria de Educación, Raza Day, etc.)
* Serve as primary contact to pipeline programs for prospective GANAS students.
* Conduct GANAS presentations to campus visitors (applicants and general public, such as community college counselors, Puente and other support program staff), as well as on-campus offices.
* Participate in on-campus outreach activities, such as the CSUEB Preview Day, Welcome Day, University Orientations, and GANAS Welcome.
* Solve complex issues arising from advising and counseling.
* Create and implement programs.
* Train students on new skills and procedures, provide direction to student assistants.
* Take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
* Apply appropriate judgment, discretion, and initiative.
* Learn, interpret, and apply standard Cal State East Bay college admissions application procedures.
* Effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
* Demonstrate working knowledge of the GANAS application procedure.
* Collect, evaluate, and interpret data to make sound conclusions and appropriate recommendations.
* Anticipate problems and address them proactively.
* Academic advising and general education requirements
* Procedural interface with other campus departments.
* Departmental policies and procedures.
* Microsoft Office, Google Suite, PeopleSoft, Bay Advisor
* Understanding of student financial aid application procedure.
* Possess strong oral communication skills and ability to work with a diverse population.
* Some weekend and evening work required
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
* Current, valid California Driver's License is required as well as personal transportation (travel reimbursed per State schedule).
Possession of these knowledge and abilities is typically demonstrated through the equivalent of three years of progressively responsible professional student services work experience. One year in the program area to which assigned may be preferred but is not required.
A master's degree in Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or a directly related field may be substituted for one year of experience. A doctorate degree and the appropriate internship or clinical training in counseling or guidance may be substituted for the three years of experience for positions with a major responsibility for professional career or personal counseling.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in a related field, including or supplemented by upper division or graduate course work in counseling techniques, interviewing, and conflict resolution where such are job-related.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Master's degree.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled