Recruitment Number VA1352
Posting Period 01/04/21 - OUF
On Campus Only No
Working Title BITS IT Consultant (Information Technology Consultant-Career)
Class Title INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT -12
Salary Range (From $ to $) $4,372 - $10,792 per month / $52,464 - $129,504 annually (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range)
Department Business Information Technology Services
Number of Positions 1
FLSA Code Exempt
Status Temporary (Renewable)
Pay Plan 12/12
CBU/MOU R09 - CSUEU Technical & Support Services
Quick Link http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/6256
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
Primary Duties This position independently works under the general supervision of the Director of Payroll, HRIS and BITS, to provide technical support services to the division of Business and Finance. This position primarily supports the Police Department and Facilities Management departments. This position is a critical part of the BITS team and provides technical services including determining application development requirements, report development and support, project management and providing other technical support services to support the Business and Finance departments.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1352-Position-Description
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Incumbent must possess:
• Working knowledge of:
• Reporting technologies, tools and language(s) for report development and support.
• Database structures and reporting methods.
• Information technology, computer hardware, computer software, networks, and a variety of peripheral devices.
• Standard project management functions and processes.
• Equipment standards and computing policies.
• Standard IT service management process framework, such as ITIL.
• Networks, data communication, PC and enterprise applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with law enforcement/security-related technology as well as with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Access Control systems highly desired.
• General knowledge and understanding, familiarity with, and knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and reporting, and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, PC and enterprise applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• In-depth knowledge of a variety of desktop peripheral devices (printers, scanners, USB, etc.)
Incumbent must possess:
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
• Strong organization skills.
• Strong customer service and relationship skills.
• Skill to identify usability issues and make recommendations for updates and improvements.
Incumbent must have the ability to:
• Work as a team member.
• Adhere to all laws, university policies, and procedures.
• Analyze problems and propose and develop innovative solutions.
• Apply University standards when approaching and solving visual problems.
• Identify, analyze and determine user and project needs.
• Use consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate technical support.
• Troubleshoot, identify potential solutions and make recommendations where appropriate.
• Provide project and tactical leadership.
• Lead technical staff, assign work, train, oversee and assist others in completing work assignments.
• Successfully proof the work of others and to offer solutions.
• Provide productive performance feedback.
• Organize, coordinate and delegate multiple tasks for self, student assistants, and other team members for implementing concurrent projects.
• Read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of position.
• Interpret and implement policies and procedures established by others.
• Independently manage busy workload, multiple priorities and projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes.
• Work as a team member.
• Perform assigned duties.
Required Education and/or Experience
Requires the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in computer science, business information systems, management information systems or a related discipline.
Two years full-time experience providing technical computer support or or a related experience.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
• Experience in a law enforcement and/or facilities environment/systems.
• Project management knowledge and experience leading successfully IT projects.
• Experience working in and supporting a virtual work environment including remote support and other tools (e.g. Zoom, Bumgar, Teams etc)
• California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check, sexual offender registry check, and/or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
• This position supports the information technology needs of the campus University Police Department as such it will have access to Criminal Justice Information ("CJI"). California law requires that individuals who have unescorted or logical access to computer systems, terminals, or stored criminal record information, be subject to fingerprint-based criminal records check every five (5) years. In addition, this position is required to complete CJI training and an Employee Statement every two (2) years.
• Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Driver's License as well as continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Driver's Training course.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. Must be able to travel across campus to other offices and buildings on campus for meetings and events.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment. Position requires cooperation to function productively as a member of a unit, communicating with campus users and forums, works effectively, establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and others, position includes adjusting to change (e.g., work environment, technology) and frequent to constant interaction with wide variety of employees to perform support functions.
This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible
CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community
Detailed information is available at https://www.csuchico.edu/about/. As a university that educates students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, we value a diverse faculty and staff. CSU, Chico welcomes applicants who are knowledgeable about and interested in working within a cross-cultural learning environment. We also welcome those who share a passion and commitment to the University's 6th Strategic Priority that focuses on sustainability, stewardship, and the environment - see http://www.csuchico.edu/sustainability/index.shtml.
California State University, Chico is committed to achieving excellence through diversity in the classroom and the workplace. It strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students, faculty, and staff.
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 01/04/2021
Close Date (posting close date)
Open Until Filled Yes
2. Cover Letter
1. Optional Applicant Documents
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled