Are you passionate about serving the Board of Supervisors and the residents of Maricopa County? Are you a dedicated leader who has an eye for continuous improvement? As an experienced Clerk of the Board, you are the official record keeper for the Board of Supervisors, maintaining the historical record of actions taken by the Board. In this role, you will provide best-in-class customer service while ensuring public records' integrity and accessibility. As a leader, you directly impact your employees' development by setting clear performance and development goals and providing regular coaching and feedback.
Make a difference in your community; apply now to become the newest member of the team at Maricopa County!
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field
- Ten (10) years of professional experience in administration or records management, including five (5) years of supervisory and/or management experience
Our Preferred Candidate has
- Master’s degree in Public Administration or Business Administration
- Experience working in a Clerk of the Board Office
- Must have experience with statutes, rules, orders, and policies governing the preservation and recording of actions taken by the Board of Supervisors
Essential Job Tasks
The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
- Demonstrates superior, seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscal responsibility
- Directs the preparation and distribution of accurate, on-schedule agendas and minutes for all Board of Supervisor meetings (formal, informal, special, executive, etc.)
- Supervises the recording and publishing of all Maricopa County Board of Supervisors’ proceedings and decisions as dictated by Arizona Revised Statutes
- Manages a team of employees. Leads and develops employees into a highly effective team by setting clear performance and development goals and delivering regular and honest feedback
- Oversees the processing of property classification notices, liquor applications, opening and acceptance of County property bids, maintenance of information classified as confidential by legal counsel, and acceptance of legal services on behalf of the Board of Supervisors
- Analyzes and resolves complex and/or highly sensitive issues as directed by the Chairman’s Office as well as advises the Board of Supervisors on matters related to the Clerk of Board’s role and requirements
- Coordinates with assigned legal counsel to ensure matters have been fully reviewed and clarified before being moved forward
- Attends all public and executive Board of Supervisors’ meetings