This is a full-time management (MPP) position. MPP employees serve at the pleasure of the campus President. MPPs do not serve a probationary period and never receive permanent status.
This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Special Working Conditions: Position may require some evening and weekend work.
Conditions of Employment
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Application Deadline & Salary Information
Review of applications has begun and the position will remain Open until Filled.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the general direction of the AVP Enrollment Management the Director of Admissions is responsible for developing institutional admission policy, philosophy, and procedures to support the Strategic Enrollment Management Plan of the system and campus, working in accordance with federal, state, and system wide policies and regulations. Leading the team who successfully processes applications; this position is responsible for providing leadership for customer service, application processing, application scanning, and application evaluation, facilitating the processing of EOP, International, and Graduate application, and .creating a long-term strategy that includes planning for a changing admissions and enrollment landscape. The Director of Admissions formulates and evaluates technical functionality of all systems used in the Admissions Office and works with all Student, Academic, Administrative Affairs units as well as Institutional Technology.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
Required Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of professional related experience including or supplemented by two years of progressive supervisor or management experience.
Preferred Education: Master's degree in liberal arts, communication, education or business is preferred.
Preferred Experience: Proficient in the use of online student information systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
Experience as a supervisor in a high-volume, multi-functional customer service environment, and demonstrable commitment to student success in public higher education is preferred.
Experience with PeopleSoft and OnBase; Experience leading a high volume, customer service oriented office with a One-Stop service orientation; Knowledge of common student affairs principles for practice is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of customer service techniques, on-line student information systems, principles, and methods, and organizational and personnel management.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the principles, practices, and procedures of the Registrar, including strategic and fiscal planning and monitoring, and the supervision and development of staff in a complex, diverse, and inclusive workplace. Experience with the development of policies, plans, and initiatives.
Skills in written and oral communication, working with multiple on-line databases, and multi-tasking.
Ability to plan, organize, and work independently; to connect immediate tasks/goals to larger initiatives on campus; to energize and lead a customer-service-centered staff; to develop and maintain effective, cooperative and harmonious working relationships, including in circumstances involving the delivery of unwelcome information; to respond positively to changing work priorities and processes; and finally, to mentor staff in acquiring and practicing the aforementioned skills and abilities.
Independently interpret and apply a wide variety of program rules and regulations-plan, organize, manage and direct the operations of a large student service program- establish management goals and develop various plans of action to achieve such objectives- resolve conflicts and make difficult personnel and administrative decisions-schedule projects, meet deadlines and productivity standards-do long-range planning and develop implementation systems and procedures-plan, organize and direct others in the formation of substantive program policy-formulate appropriate campus wide policies-analyze administrative, organizational and personnel management problems to reach practical and logical conclusions and put effective changes in to practice-
Required Certification: Valid Driver's License
40% - Analysis, Policy Implementation and Strategic Leadership
• Develops admission policy, philosophy and procedures in support of campus Master, Academic, and Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Plans.
• Develops a strategic vision for both technology and human resources development.
• Complies with all policies of the State Board of Education, funding agencies, the Chancellor's Office and the University including Title V, Executive Orders, etc.
• Serves on university committees related to admissions, strategic enrollment, and development as well as collaborative student engagement.
• Represents the university as a visible ambassador from admissions to strengthen partnerships within the internal and external communities.
• Works with key departments (Outreach & School Relations, Financial Aid & Scholarships, Registrar, EOP, ETE, Veterans, Educational Partnerships, Academic Deans, Associate Deans and Program Coordinators etc.) to ensure the needs of the campus and students are evaluated and reflected in our policy and procedure development.
• Consults with academic and administrative offices, analyzes and reviews the admission process to identify and implement changes as needed.
• Details a long-term strategy for how admissions will operate in the future based on research trends that are currently documented.
• Engages stakeholders from all the academic units to ensure a clear understanding of their expectations for applicants and engages stakeholders from all the academic units to ensure a clear understanding of their expectations for applicants and enrollment.
35% Management & Supervision
• Provides leadership, strategic direction, and management of the Admissions Office.
• Serves as the HEERA manager for professional and administrative staff.
• Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, evaluates, and develops professional and administrative staff. Responsible for defining the duties and responsibilities of administrative and professional staff; assesses performance and provides feedback; counsels or disciplines as needed; designs and coordinates training and staff development; recommends promotion, leaves of absences, and performance based salary increases; oversees the selection and recommends appointment of personnel for staffing.
• Responsible for ensuring that staff members are knowledgeable about and incorporate the Student Affairs Division values in every aspect of performing the duties of their positions, maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with University policies and applicable union contracts.
• Reviews organizational chart and position descriptions on an on-going basis to maximize the utilization of staff in meeting current and projected operational needs and to employ staff with the skills and interests that best match positions.
• Maintains professional currency through active membership in national and regional Higher Education organizations.
• Participates in all Enrollment Management and divisional staff development and staff meetings, and attends all major staff events to promote the University.
20% - Operational
• As a member of the Student Affairs leadership team, contributes to division-wide initiatives and participate in the leadership of the division; serve on division and university level events committees, advisory committees, and task forces; participate in meetings and professional development activities.
• Oversee the application and admission process; monitor and analyze admissions processes to enhance effectiveness and operational efficiency.
• Oversee annual budget for Admissions Office and work with the AVP of Enrollment Management on budget related matters.
• In conjunction with campus and departmental communications personnel develops and implements a comprehensive communication plan.
• Directs the processing and evaluation of all freshman and post-baccalaureate applications.
• Supports and participates in outreach activities associated with admission.
• Plans and directs the admission audit process including the rescinding and deferring of admission decisions.
• Generates regular reports for critical stakeholders on the status, progress and effectiveness of our admission processes and standards.
• Oversees the accurate and timely production of Chancellor Office admission and record reporting files (ERSA, ERSS, etc.) from the student system.
• Works closely with the AVP Enrollment Management to resolve policy, procedural and technical issues.
• Contributes to the Chancellor's Enrollment Management Report as directed by the Associate Vice President.
• In conjunction with Information Technology, coordinates implementation for all technologies, which include development of technologies in support of Admissions, document processing, imaging, workload, dashboards and reports in the Office of Admissions
• Promotes the development of applicant, admit and student self-service functionality in support of institutional goals.
• Maintains awareness of and takes action regarding work process efficiencies and technology improvement opportunities.
• Shares best practices, new solutions, and ideas to improve processes and policies with admissions team in order to create a "culture of innovation".
• Advises the AVP Enrollment Management on the need for and priority of information system enhancements and develops proposals and plans for meeting these needs.
• Responsible for providing support for People Soft Database, Tableau and other technologies implementation for the Office of Admissions.
• Serves as primary lead for Admissions for the maintenance, business process review, and development of technologies that support Admissions, document processing, imaging, workload, dashboards, and reports.
• Serves as primary point of contact with the Chancellor's Office regarding technology information for Admissions
5% Other duties as assigned
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. For more information or definition of these terms, please visit:
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at https://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/clery/crime-stats/ , or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3639. Upon appointment, all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking, Vaping and other Tobacco use are Not Permitted anywhere on University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article 9
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled