The City of Henderson and Animal Care and Control are currently accepting applications for part-time City Veterinarian. If you possess a License to Practice Veterinary Medicine and wish to serve the community by providing aid, comfort, and medical attention to animals that come under the Shelter's care, this position is for you!
The Henderson Animal Care and Control Bureau consists of Animal Control Officers, Shelter staff, and a Veterinary team. The bureau helps reunite lost pets with their owners, cares for the animals brought to the shelter, and handles pet adoptions. The animals at the shelter receive medical care, vaccines, microchips, and all adoptable dogs, cats, and rabbits are spayed or neutered. On average, the medical team conducts 125 spay, neuter, dental, and other surgeries that benefit the lives of the shelter pets monthly.
In this position, under general supervision of the Animal Control Administrator, you will provide licensed medical, surgical, and other services dealing with the prevention, treatment, and control of diseases and injuries for domesticated and wild animals; and performs related duties as assigned.SPECIAL NOTE:
- This is an open and continuous recruitment for a part-time, at-will position
- Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis until vacancies are filled
- This position requires enrollment with the City's Alternate Retirement Systems (ARS)
- This position is not eligible for any health insurance or retirement benefits under the Public Employees' Retirement System of Nevada
- This position may be required to work weekends and holidays
- These positions will work a maximum of 988 hours total per fiscal year
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements. Minimum Qualifications
Required Documents/Assessment Information DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:1)
- Graduation from an accredited veterinary school with a doctor's degree in veterinary medicine
- Two (2) years of experience as a veterinarian.
- Must possess a License to Practice Veterinary Medicine from the Nevada State Board of Veterinary Examiners or from a similar agency of another state, at the time of application.
- Must obtain a License to Practice Veterinary Medicine from the Nevada State Board of Veterinary Examiners within six months of the date of employment, as a condition of continued employment.
- Must possess a valid Nevada Driver's License at time of appointment and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- All required licenses, certificates, and registrations, as mandated by State and Federal laws or as required herein, must be obtained, and maintained at the incumbents' expense.
Completed Employment Application2)
Current License to Practice Veterinary Medicine from the Nevada State Board of Veterinary Examiners or from a similar agency of another state - (click here for attachment instructions)ASSESSMENT DATES:All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and of the dates, times, and locations of each assessment.IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above. Selection Process
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment. IMPORTANT : Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job . As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified. NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The selection process should be completed within four (4) months of the closing date. Candidates may reapply when there is a vacancy and a posting to establish an eligibility list. Some candidates may be disqualified indefinitely due to the results of their background investigation.