311 Vernon Street Roseville, 95678 Description FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting applications on a continuous basis. IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION. THE POSITION
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the regular and full-time position of Refuse Truck Driver I in the Environmental Utilities Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. with weekends required. The list established for this recruitment may also be utilized to fill any limited term or part-time, temporary vacancies. The term length for limited term placements is not guaranteed but cannot exceed 36 months. A part-time temporary position cannot exceed 25 hours per week.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere. DEFINITION
To perform a variety of tasks in the collection of residential, commercial, and industrial solid waste refuse, including driving and operating a refuse collection truck. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS
This is the entry level class in the Refuse Truck Driver series. Positions in this class typically have little or no directly related work experience and work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks. The Refuse Truck Driver I class is distinguished from the II level by the performance of less than the full range of duties assigned to the II level. Incumbents work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks, progressing to general supervision as procedures and processes of assigned area of responsibility are learned. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives immediate supervision from a Refuse Supervisor, and receives technical and functional supervision from a Senior Refuse Truck Driver. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Drive a one or two-person-staffed refuse collection truck, collecting refuse along an assigned route and emptying contents of trash cans and/or collection bins.
- Operate hydraulic/mechanical controls to load, compress, and dump refuse; collect and dispose of debris on assigned route; transport refuse to/unload at appropriate landfill sites and/or sewage treatment plant.
- Assist refuse truck driver by directing movement into alleys, driveways, and other difficult locations; assist truck driver with lifting/loading contents of trash cans and other collection containers.
- Complete and post notification tags on containers/bins/dumpsters regarding contents not acceptable for refuse collection.
- Maintain assigned truck by regular cleaning and washing, including inspecting for mechanical or other operating problems; report mechanical or related problems for maintenance; perform minor maintenance as appropriate.
- Complete, maintain, and submit records related to operations and maintenance activities, including those related to time, material and equipment usage.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Uses and purposes of general mechanical tools and equipment; safe work practices.
Experience and Training Experience:
- Learn refuse collection techniques and to operate refuse collection vehicles and equipment.
- On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules. Intermittently analyze problem equipment; identify and locate equipment; interpret work orders; remember equipment location; and explain jobs to others.
- Intermittently, sit while studying or preparing reports; bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist when performing installation of equipment; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; and lift or carry weight of 50 pounds or less.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
No experience is required; some general maintenance and/or construction experience is preferred. AND Training:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade, GED, or higher level degree. License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California Class B driver's license, with airbrakes by date of application. SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your response to question 3, the applicant's education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the "Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your "Work Experience" section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. Was any of the work experience listed on your application an unpaid internship, or volunteer work? If so, please list below which ones. If none, please put N/A.
3. How many years of experience do you have performing some general maintenance and/or construction duties?
- Less than 1 year
- 1-2 years
- 2-3 years
- 3-4 years
- 4+ years
4. Please describe your general maintenance or construction duties?
5. Do you currently possess a valid California class A or B driver's license with airbrakes? If yes, please list the expiration date.
6. Are you willing to work weekends indefinitely?
7. Are you willing to accept a limited term assignment? The term length for limited term placements is not guaranteed but cannot exceed 36 months.
8. Are you willing to accept part-time, temporary work? SELECTION PROCESS
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their application scored in a Formula Rate Examination. The applicant's experience and education will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION. Benefits
For more information regarding the City's benefits, visit our website at here
. This position is in Local 39.Recruitment Contact
Contact email: email@example.com