Definition and Class Characteristics **Seeking Truckee Candidates**
Nevada County is seeking a temporary Permit Processing Technician to work in the Environmental Health satellite office located in Truckee. This position plays a vital role in providing excellent customer service to our residents in the eastern part of the county. The ideal candidate will be organized, self-directed, and professional and will assist with the preparation of charts, diagrams and tables, performing field surveys, samplings, inspections and investigations, reviewing and approving permits that do not require professional-level certification, supporting and participating in project assignments, serving as a customer service representative to resolve permit or project related conflicts and performing related work as required.
Candidate should have knowledge of:
- Techniques for gathering, compiling and presenting data in visual form.
- Local land use ordinance, zoning and agency policies.
- Basic principles of chemistry, biology and environmental geology.
- State and local laws and regulations governing environmental health and underground tanks, hazardous material and toxic waste storage facilities and water supply and sewage disposal.
- Characteristics of soil contamination from hazardous or toxic material.
Desired Skills include:
- Interpreting and explaining policies and regulations accurately and tactfully to the public.
- Reviewing permit applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Interpreting topographic drawings, maps or field notes.
- Planning, organizing and carrying out research.
- Preparing neat and accurate charts, graphs and tables
- Using computer technology and applications in the performance of daily activities
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Maintaining records and preparing routine correspondence and reports
Why Nevada County? Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions. Our leadership connects with the community, listens to them, and provides relevant programming to keep us safe and healthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For a full description of this temporary position, please click here
.Closing Date/Time: Continuous