ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Assists city maintenance personnel in manual labor duties.
- May assist in cleaning drainage structures; digging and backfilling trenches; patching pavement; removing, transplanting, pruning, trimming and spraying of trees and shrubbery.
- Cleaning mechanical equipment.
- Acting as flag man.
- Assist in loading and unloading supplies.
- Lifting and moving heavy objects.
- Cleaning, repairing and painting guard rails and traffic signs.
- Cleaning roadsides; removing debris and clearing undergrowth.
- Doing miscellaneous unskilled tasks for tradesmen.
- Simple painting and repair work.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education and Experience :
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which produces knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job and related to the essential functions of the position.
Licenses and Certifications :
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license within required time frame.
- Grade: TMP-6
- Minimum Salary: 10
- Maximum Salary: 10
- Pay Basis: HOURLY