The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda (AHA) is proud of its mission and accomplishments. In partnership with the entire community, the Housing Authority advocates and provides quality, affordable safe housing, encourages self-sufficiency, and strengthens community inclusiveness and diversity in housing.
The Housing Authority is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to work at the Management Analyst level. Management Analysts work on a wide range of analytical, management, and technical assignments supporting AHA operations and programs, and will have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
The position currently open is in the Executive Administration Department. This is part of a team of three Management Analysts and two Senior Management Analysts in this department.
• The position will have an emphasis on procurement, Housing Policy, data analysis, and technical support, and will perform a broad array of general analytical work for AHA. For this position, AHA is particularly interested in applications from candidates with experience in conducting procurement for government agencies, knowledge of a variety of software systems, particularly Yardi and/or Laserfiche, and a familiarity with housing policy impacting the Housing Choice Voucher program.
• Final decisions about the division of assignments between the existing and newly hired management analyst positions will be determined at the time of hire and as projects/needs arise.
• This role requires the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, lead project teams, and receive work direction from multiple department staff.
Project areas may include:
• Working with various management staff on Housing Policy
• Conducting procurement activities for designated departments
• Researching and drafting a variety of agency policies and procedures
• Implementing, administrating, and troubleshooting various software solutions to fill needs in a changing workplace
• Performing data collection, analysis and summarization on a variety of agency-wide projects, including quality control projects
The Housing Authority provides an outstanding benefits package, including:
• Membership in CalPERS defined benefit retirement program, plus voluntary 457 and Roth IRA plans (no employer contribution)
• A variety of health insurance plans to choose from, with some plans fully paid for (regardless of the number of dependents) by employer contributions
• 3 weeks of vacation to start
• A schedule of 9 8-hour work days each pay period with every other Friday off
• Management Analysts routinely work on-site and telecommuting is not offered. This position requires 2-3 days in the office during the current health crisis.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled; Applications received by October 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm PST will be included in the first review
To apply, candidates must submit a fully completed and signed Housing Authority employment application, including responses to the supplemental questionnaire and a resume (documents must be in Word or pdf format, and uploaded into the online application form).
The AHA application form is located in the Working With Us>Employment Opportunities section of the Housing Authority’s website at www.alamedahsg.org. The full job description and supplemental questions are on the Open Positions page in Employment Opportunities.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY