SHRA is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to work at the Management Analyst level. Management Analysts work on a wide range of analytical, management, and technical assignments supporting SHRA's operations and programs, and will have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation. Essential Areas of Responsibility
Under general supervision, performs complex and varied administrative, budgetary, policy and workflow support of SHRA operations. Recommend and formulate policies and guidelines based on analysis and interpretation of related Housing regulations, board approved policies and other applicable law or policy. Conducts needs analysis, feasibility studies and evaluations on assigned projects. Oversees confidential administrative projects, analyzing facets of the Agencies operations such as organizational structure, Housing Programs, grants and budgets. Prepares necessary reports based on analysis and provides training and information to ensure efficiency and compliance with Housing operations.
Management Analyst will develop and implement policies and procedures for a variety of projects and programs within an assigned area including administrative, policy, Housing Programs, budgetary analysis, and program evaluation. Will conduct day to day administrative support activities by providing a professional-level resource for organizational, managerial and operational analysis and studies. Work will require detailed, technical aspects required with interpretation and application of policies, procedures and regulations. Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree plus 4 years of related work experience. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs difficult analytical studies of organizational structure, systems, procedures, policies and practices; proposes new administrative policies and organizational procedures; as approved, coordinates the implementation of adopted recommendations.
- Performs complex and responsible analysis on the performance of housing programs to ensure the linkage of administrative policy, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) reporting requirements and operational objectives; identifies challenges, obtains necessary information and data for analysis; analyzes alternatives.
- Participates in authoring various agency documents such as board memos, agency publications and other reports/plans; documents and collects appropriate information from subject matter expert and prepares documents and coordinates back-up as needed.
- Analyzes and explains federal, state and local legislative proposals and regulatory changes for impact on agency operations; prepares analysis and briefings on new legislation, judicial interpretations and regulatory agency directives.
- Prepares needed data and analysis for federal, state, and/or non-profit grant application proposals; assists groups or departments in developing grant proposals; interfaces with internal and external groups regarding requirements for obtaining funds; monitors implemented grants to verify compliance with operating and administrative objectives; prepares and reviews grant reports.
- Acts as a liaison between the Housing Authority and other agencies to establish best practices; applies and evaluates agency plans, programs and policies and practices according to best practice standards; makes recommendations to modify agency plans, programs, policies and practices to meet best practice standards.
- Participates in and/or assists in analytical assignments in conjunction with periodic updating and refinement of strategic objectives and action plans; prepares periodic reports and presentations on progress of housing initiatives, including preparation of annual plans and reports within required timelines. Creates and executes project work plans throughout the cycle, which includes predevelopment, development and post development.
- Monitors contracts designed to provide specific services to the organization, assuring delivery of services and compliance with all contract terms.
- Assists executive staff with research, special projects and reports as necessary for various management projects and performs additional related duties as assigned.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous