Salary: $90,355.20 - $118,539.20 Annually USD
The Wastewater Treatment Superintendent will direct, supervise, and participate in the operations of the District's water reclamation plants. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring and demonstrating that facilities supervised are in compliance with all regulatory agencies through the documentation of plant performance. The successful candidate will be dependable, safety conscious and a strong leader, who understands the value of teamwork and collaboration. WESA is seeking an individual who displays initiative, dependability and conscientiousness in their work, who will competently perform a variety of semi-complex, technical, and problem solving activities within the Wastewater Division of the Operations Department.
Immediate Impact: The successful candidate will be given the following objectives upon hire:
• Within 3 months, become familiar with the operation of all three water reclamation facilities including permits, process management, and staffing needs.
• Within 6 months demonstrate familiarity with all current or future CIP projects relating to the water reclamation facilities; contribute to discussions in design review and construction meetings.
• Within 6 months, develop productive and professional working relationships with District staff including subordinates, peers, and management.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted ethical standards of the District and applicable laws and regulations.
• Represents the core values of WESA, looking out for the common good of the organization while seeking to bring new ideas and innovative thinking to the Wastewater Section.
• Is an engaging leader, who displays initiative and creativity in their work, and will demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, and a professional attitude when addressing District challenges.
• Possesses education equivalent to the completion of twelfth grade.
• Has 4 years experience in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater treatment facility, including 2 years of lead, supervisory and administrative responsibility.
• Possesses a valid Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
• Currently possesses or must obtain a valid Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board within 18 months of hire. *Possession of a valid Grave V certification is desirable.
The Application Process: If you are interested in this opportunity, submit a completed WESA employment application online at www.wesawater.com. Resumes and certifications may be included, but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application. This position is open until filled.
First review of applications will begin on Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
Lake Elsinore, California