Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at:
http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ This is a continuous recruitment to create a register of eligible candidates.
Work is performed at an entry level class in the Detention Officer series. This position involves entry-level security work in the custody, control and care and welfare of inmates in County detention facilities, for the purpose of becoming an experienced Detention Officer I, which involves initial in-service and on the job training.
Mohave County has a two-phase application process for this position. To be eligible for placement on a hiring register and further consideration, you must successfully complete both phases of the application process. Applicants successfully completing Phase I of the application process will progress to Phase II. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Incumbents will serve a one (1) year probationary period. In an on-the-job learning/training capacity, an employee will assist and perform (as level of understanding and experience increases) in any or all of the examples of work performed by a Detention Officer I. An employee in this class series may receive work assignments in any or all of the following areas; Control, Booking/Release, Medical, Field Training Program, Disciplinary, Classification, Behavior Management, Warrants, Transports, Commissary, Supplies and Pod Management. REPORTS TO
In-service and on-the-job training are performed under higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
As skill and experience are gained in fulfilling routine duties, increasingly independent action may be authorized. Work is reviewed through observation and evaluation of work performance and reports filed by incumbent. APPLICATION PROCESS
You may be asked to create an account online, if you have not already done so. Phase I
- Written ExaminationPart 2
- Physical Agility Test - Described in Detention Office packet.Part 3
- Oral Board Interview - Day 1 of testing, or as arranged. Phase II
(Executive Review Phase):Part 1-
Background investigation (May be subject to polygraph)Part 2-
Executive interview How to apply: PLEASE READY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW Apply online
: Complete and submit an online application by clicking on "Apply" (This will take you to the log-in page where you may need to create an account if you haven't done so already). Print online application :
Print submitted online application after submission (you can log in to your account to view and print if need).
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact the Office of Human Resources, (928) 753-0736, Extension 4116 or 4363. Thank you for your interest in employment with Mohave County. Essential Job Functions See full job description details by clicking on our link: Detention Officer Minimum Qualifications
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the start of employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien.
- High School diploma /GED.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Possess the ability to successfully complete psychological, polygraph, health-related and physical agility testing appropriate to law enforcement individuals.
- Requires successful completion of 40 hours (on-the-job) of detention training prior to occupying a post or position.