Description HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The El Dorado County Health And Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Their programs and services include: Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community and Social Services. Their over 600 employees are dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of those in their communities. BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
The Health and Human Services Agency's Behavioral Health Division is committed to the physical and mental health of the residents of El Dorado County. They provide a wide variety of services to the community, including mental health 24 hour crisis services, adult and children's services, Substance Use Disorder Services, Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) programs, mental health first aid training, and much more! THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your skills as a Psychiatric Technician to assist members of your community. You will have the opportunity to providemedication management support to clients,collaboratewith other medical staff and interdisciplinary health treatment teams to implement treatment plans, and reports on impact of medications, andserveas an initial point of contact for clients discharged from psychiatric facilities to orient them to County behavioral health services The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Collect, organize, and delivermedications to clients; provideeducation and training to clients, their families, and/or staff on the proper care and use of medications, including symptoms of, reactions to, or side effects of, specific medications; informs clients of the impact of abuse and/or misuse of medications.
- Conductmedication checks on clients to assess their overall medication management capabilities; takeappropriate action if a client poses danger with respect to the use or abuse of medication; arrange/facilitatelaboratory monitoring as outlined in the client plan of care standing or client specific order to assess dosage efficacy including under or overdose conditions; takeand recordclient vital signs as appropriate.
- Serveas a member of an inter-professional team or intensive care management team; reporton prescribed medication changes, self-administration concerns, observed or reported side effects, and other psychosocial parameters that improve or impede the client's ability to maintain stability and compliance with treatment goals.
- As needed, performcrisis intervention for walk-in clients or non-clients; evaluate individuals to identify level of stable behavior; providesupport and assistance in problem resolution; coordinate or arrangefor the provision of appropriate care services.
- Serveas an advocate for clients with internal and external medical professionals; accompanie clients to medical and clinician appointments and provide support/information as needed and appropriate.
The ideal Psychiatric Technician candidate will be a licensed psychiatric technician with experience providing medication injections, knowledge of psychiatric and medical medications and ability to relate well to clients with severe mental illness and provide education on medications.
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations:
Any combination of the required experience, education, and training that would provide the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying.
Psychiatric Technician I:
Equivalent to a level of education and course of study, which would qualify as an accredited program for qualifying for California State License as a Psychiatric Technician or dual licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician;
One (1) year of experience performing professional-level medication management duties.
Psychiatric Technician II:
Equivalent to a level of education and course of study, which would qualify as an accredited program for incumbents to obtain Psychiatric Technician or dual licensure as a licensed Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician;
Two (2) years of medication program support for behavioral health clients at a level equivalent to the County's class of Psychiatric Technician I.Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain, a valid California Driver's License by time of appointment and a satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of license as a Psychiatric Technician or Licensed Vocational Nurse/Psychiatric Technician in the State of California.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Psychiatric Technician I/II, as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Heather Andersen in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here .
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Psychiatric Technician I/II. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and futurefull time, part time, and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. There arecurrently two (2) full timevacanciesin the Behavioral Health Division, located in Placerville, Ca.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rusting mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County isa year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.Escape the traffic and smog because ElDorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Musicand Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Closing Date/Time: Continuous