San Mateo County Health's Public Health, Policy and Planning Division is seeking a well-qualified individual for the position of Associate Management Analyst - Whole Person Care - Limited Term
to be responsible for providing support for Whole Person Care in which they will utilize research, data analysis, attention to detail, technical, and excellent written communication skills.
The Whole Person Care (WPC) Pilot is an innovative pilot facilitating the transformation of San Mateo County's service delivery system by working with public and private partners to create efficient and effective processes and programs benefiting our high utilizing and high need Medi-Cal clients and the experience of staff providing these services.
The WPC Pilot's focus is to provide culturally competent patient engagement, activation, care management, and support strategies necessary for complex Health System "High Utilizers" facing substantial barriers to connect with needed medical, social, and housing services. The WPC Pilot's goal is to improve patients' health and well-being through more efficient and effective use of resources that are not covered by Medi-Cal and by providing the right services, at the right time, and at the right place.
The current vacancy is limited term in the Public Health, Policy and Planning Division. This position is located in San Mateo, CA, and may travel/drive throughout the County to perform duties of the job.
This Associate Management Analyst will provide a wide variety of administrative, analytical, and work-flow support to the Whole Person Care Pilot including performance goal management, data systems, technical reporting to the State; analyze programmatic practices and procedures and makes recommendations for organizational, operational, policy, and procedural improvements; conduct needs analyses, feasibility studies, and evaluations for assigned projects and programs; maintain administrative and fiscal records; foster cooperative working relationships among County departments and act as liaison with various community, public, and regulatory agencies; attend various meeting of which a majority are within the County; and perform related work as required.
The Associate Management Analyst will provide administrative and analytical support to the Whole Person Care Pilot including data analytics and visualization, metric performance review and technical data reporting to the State and workflow development including:
- Reviewing and analyzing Whole Person Care's performance metric data output produced by the Business Intelligence team for compliance with Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) technical specifications, HEDIS and other internal considerations.
- Generate the Whole Person Care Monthly Enrollment list and Quarterly Enrollment and Utilization report based on DHCS's reporting requirements and WPC Enrollment policies, procedures and workflows.
- Conduct a variety of cohort-based data analysis and make recommendations for the WPC population as needed for decision making.
- Supports the development and management of the Whole Person Care annual budget including revenue projections and forecasting for the various divisions and programs; recommend, process budget amendments, rollover and adjustments requests to the State; ensures that program expenditures stay within budget limits.
- Review and monitor the WPC divisional/program budget objectives, and performance measures as well as multi-year forecasts of revenues, expenditures, and balances.
The ideal candidate
This is a limited term, at-will position. Limited Term Employees are assigned to assignments not to exceed three years. They receive medical and dental benefits, similar to regular employees, and a defined contribution retirement plan. Information for current County employees:
- Experience with reports required by state or federal governmental agencies.
- Experience conducting data analysis.
- Ability to conduct research and apply process improvement activities such as the Plan Do Study Act (PDSA) or LEAN process.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Ability to work across divisions to provide support and coordinate work.
- Excellent technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in fiscal budgeting, fiscal reporting and management.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in processes and execution of work.
- Proficiency in computer systems and programs; specifically Excel, advanced level and Microsoft Suite;
- Statistical software e.g. SAS or Stata and Visio or similar platform for workflow creation is desirable.
- Extensive verbal and written communication skills.
Current and regular County of San Mateo Employees who are interested in this assignment must submit application materials and compete inthe selection process.If you are successful in the selection process and are being considered for the assignment, HRwill work directly with you and/or your department for options.Please notethat there is no guarantee that you will be allowed by your department to rotate into this assignment nor are your departments obligated to allow you to take on this assignment. The salary range for this position is "as is" and non-negotiable.
If you are interested in being considered for this limited term position the following items must be submitted via e-mail:
- Cover letter with responses to Supplemental Questions (maximum of 2 pages)
Please include the words
- Describe your experience with governmental reporting to the state/federal level. Include your responsibilities, the types of reports and for which regulatory agency.
- Describe a situation in which you encountered a challenging accounting or budgeting problem. Include the situation, how you handled it, and the result.
- Describe your experience working across divisions/departments where you have much responsibility working with individuals that do not report to you. Include the skills that you have found to be successful in coordinating work with those individuals, including any that may hold a higher status in the organization.
- Describe your work experience conducting research and analysis in a program setting. Include your role and responsibilities.
"Associate Management Analyst-Whole Person Care-Limited Term" in the subject area of email submissions to:Sandra Kiapi,
Management AnalystEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials will be reviewed as they are received and well-qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.NOTE
: Application materials are only accepted via e-mail. Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include all required elements (cover letter with responses to supplemental questions and a resume) will not be considered.The County of San Mateo is a diverse, inclusive workplace, where employees are valued and respected for their different perspectives, experiences, backgrounds, and contributions.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.