Announcement Number: 1319705002
NEVADA LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL BUREAU
SESSION MAIL CLERK
POSITION: Session Mail Clerk, Temporary Full-Time Employment, Carson City, NV
Contact: Ken Kruse, Human Resources/Accounting, 775.684.6966
SALARY AND Benefits:
Grade 23-1, ($15.04 per hour at the Employee/Employer Retirement Rate); Benefits include:
Paid holidays, annual leave, sick leave, insurance, which become effective after the appropriate
waiting periods. An explanation of the retirement options and information regarding state
retirement benefits may be accessed at http://nvpers.org/.
A description of the current health and dental benefits provided to all state employees is
available at http://pebp.state.nv.us/plans/new-hire-resources/. Other optional benefits are
also available, including a deferred compensation program.
This position is temporary and will continue as needed until on or before June 30, 2021.
The person in this position is responsible for distributing regular mail, state interdepartmental-
office mail and internal mail for the Legislative Counsel Bureau and works under the direct
supervision of the General Services Unit Supervisor. Which includes, but is not limited to:
distribution of the mail, rearranging office furniture, shipping and receiving, inventory control,
and other duties as assigned. Current team consists of four full time, year round staff and two
temporary session staff.
Below is a list of duties and responsibilities of the positions as well as knowledge and abilities
necessary to do the job. This list provides a range of duties performed by employees who hold
this position. It does not list all of the duties of the job.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify and sort mail for delivery to all units of the Legislative Counsel Bureau (LCB).
• Make timely deliveries within LCB buildings and to other state agencies and businesses
• Integrate updated materials to outdated publications, such as the Nevada Revised
Statutes, Criminal Law Manuals, Children and Family Law Manuals, and the Nevada
• Handle requests for shipping and receiving including package delivery and pick up.
• Use x-ray machine to inspect and identify possible threats in mail.
• Help maintain certain records such as shipping logs, publication invoices and purchase
• Monitor inventory of supplies and materials.
• Assist in moving furniture such as office desks, bookshelves, filing cabinets, chairs and
• Assist with the maintenance and repair of equipment.
• Methods and practices of the following organizations: the State of Nevada Mail Room,
U.S. Postal Service, Federal Express, United Parcel Services and other shippers.
• Use and operation of a wide variety of tools and equipment used in office and
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
• Safe working practices.
• Quickly read and interpret documents, manuals, and instructions.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Collaborate within the General Services Unit and across the LCB.
• Effectively organize and multi-task as part of a team and independently.
• Effectively prioritize tasks and manage time.
• Perform at a high level under difficult deadlines and during intense projects.
• Work environment may include exposure to dirt, pollen, insects, inclement weather,
moving equipment, noise from equipment and extreme temperatures.
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or
move up to 65 pounds.
• Overtime is required as needed, especially during peak times in preparation for the
legislative session and during the legislative session.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from high school or equivalent education.
• Valid Nevada Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
The Legislative Counsel Bureau (LCB) is the central non-partisan staff agency serving the
Nevada Legislature. Applicants are subject to a background check and any offer of employment
will be contingent upon the results of the background check.
All applicants must submit an LCB Employment Application and current resume. The LCB
application can be found at: www.leg.state.nv.us/openings. Applications must be submitted by
no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday, October 2, 2020 and may be submitted by email to
email@example.com or by mail to:
Legislative Counsel Bureau
Attn: Ken Kruse, Human Resources/Accounting
401 S. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701-4747
NOTE: The Legislative Counsel Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, political affiliation or disability.