Job Summary Mohave County North Canyon Justice Court is currently recruiting for a Justice Court Services Clerk located in Colorado City, Arizona.
Performs work of moderate difficulty in case processing and legal clerical duties for the justice court.Under close supervision incumbents perform assigned routine/standardized or recurring job duties.As experience is gained, incumbents work more independently on an expanded variety of assigned duties and case type assignments. REPORTS TO:
A higher level of authority. The incumbent has the responsibility for the completion of assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner.Work is reviewed through observation and evaluation of work performance and tasks completed by the incumbent. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
None. Essential Job Functions
- Provides clerical support and assistance as required.
- Revises and/or sends correspondence.
- Picks up, delivers, opens and distributes mail.
- Provides other office and customer service support and assistance as required.
- Works with parties in person and/or on the phone; provides legal information and assistance within the scope of designated authority without providing legal advice.Answers calls, determines need/appropriate party, forwards/transfers or takes messages.
- Signs in people for court; directs visitors, defendants, witnesses, victims, jurors and other using justice court services to the appropriate location.
- Accepts and receives monies paid as fines, fees, bonds and other financial obligations; issues receipt; updates electronic and/or manual recording systems.
- Performs data entry; enters new case and/or updates case information. Updates and maintains a variety of statistical and/or financial files, records, lists and/or logs.
- Pulls cases for court; checks for recent filings; adds new filings to existing case file.As required, creates new case files.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- A high school diploma/ GED
- AND one (1) year of general office or legal clerical experience
- OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must provide an affidavit and/or demonstrate proficiency to type 40 words per minute (wpm).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must complete annual training as required by the Committee on Judicial Education and Training (COJET).
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Modern office practices and procedures.
- Legal terminology, statutes, and court procedures.
- Automated word processing and court case management systems.
- Data entry and verification procedures.
- Internal procedures of the office of the clerk of superior court.
- Department policies, rules and procedures
- Mohave CountyPersonnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- In establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, other County employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, the bar association, victims, witnesses, litigants, jurors, news media, general public and others having business with the courts of Mohave County.
- In operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of commonly used and specialized software applications.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Analyze legal documents and interpret statutory requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic environment with changing program demands and priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers, other County employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, the bar association, victims, witnesses, litigants, jurors, news media, general public and others having business with the courts of Mohave County.
- Enter and retrieve data from an automated system.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, andDepartment Regulations.