The PositionAs the City works to address the impacts of COVID-19, we have made the decision to suspend all external recruitments, effective March 17, 2020.
This Talent Pool posting iscollecting interest
for FUTURE Seasonal Maintenance Workerpostingswith the City of Portland. Please be aware that this is an ongoing call for interest and we may not reach out to you right away,butwe are gratefulfor yourreadiness. Our timelines for job postings will be monitored basedupon the current state of emergencyand will be opened as deemed necessary/appropriate.Why submit interest through a talent pool?
Once a vacancy is available, and a job is scheduled to be posted, you will be notified to check our website and apply.
These are seasonal positions and vary in employment up to a maximum of 1400 hours per calendar year. Positions will be filled throughout the year.Wages are $15.21 per hour,with some benefits
.SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKER JOBS IN DIFFERENT BUREAUSPortland Parks & RecreationLearn more about Portland Parks & Recreation:https://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/ Additionally, incumbents may require evening, weekend, and holiday work. PortlandParks & RecreationsSeasonal Maintenance Worker Duties
Portland Bureau of TransportationLearn more here about the Bureau of Transportation:https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/ Additionally, the incumbent is an essential employee and a member of the bureau's 24-hour response team and may require after-hour, evening, weekend, and holiday emergency response. Portland Bureau of Transportation Seasonal Maintenance Worker Duties
- Cleaning restrooms
- Mowing, trimming, weeding and care for landscape
- Cleaning and maintenance of facilities and equipment
- Landscaping (i.e. watering, mowing, raking, edging, trimming lawns)
- Natural area and trail maintenance
- Work zone traffic control
- Golf course maintenance and care
- Ballfieldsmaintenance and care
- Urban Forestry tree establishment (i.e. mulching, hand weeding, raking, deep root tree watering, minor pruning, health assessing, and driving 1-ton Flatbed pickup equipped with water tank and pump throughout the City)
- Racetrack & grounds maintenance. Portland International Raceway (PIR)
Portland Water BureauLearn more about Portland Water Bureau:https://www.portlandoregon.gov/water/Portland Water Bureau do not have a current vacancy but may utilized the eligible list for future vacancy.Portland Water Bureau Seasonal Maintenance WorkerDuties
- Assisting in applying and finishing asphalt, concrete and road surface material and performing other tasks related to paving
- Assisting in applying thermoplastic pavement markings and cleaning/maintaining street signs
- Moving office equipment, furniture and machinery, pick up and deliver various types of equipment, materials, mail, parts and supplies: stocks, sorts, inventories and stores parts and supplies
- Completing forms and writing basic reports on work, time and materials used
- Cleaning restrooms
- Cleaning the building
- Mowing and trimming
- Weeding and care for the surrounding gardens
- Cleaning camp sites
- Stacking and bundling wood
- Able to lift and provide firewood bundles to camp sites
- Able to account for shower fees, user fees and firewood money
- Picking up & emptying trash receptacles
This classification is represented by the Seasonal Maintenance Worker Laborers' Local 483.To view this labor agreement, please go tohttps://www.portlandoregon.gov/bhr/27840
and click on the appropriate link. Why work at the City of Portland?
The City of Portland workforce serves a population of over 650,000. We are culture- and solutions-driven, viewing every challenge as an opportunity to learn, improve, and share our expertise. We are committed to removing systemic barriers to resources, access, and opportunity. The City is a believer inALL
people and continues to actively recruit and retain diverse top talent every day.If you are open-minded, motivated, community-focused, and self-aware, please apply yourself at the City of Portland today.To Qualify The followinglink will take you to the class specification for this position. Any of the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities may be required for future openings:https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bhr/article/706603The Recruitment Process TalentPool:Thetalentpool announcement isNOT an application and is being usedtogather interest
for futureSeasonal Maintenance Workerpostings. Please note:We will be only collectingyour contact information, therefore a resume and application is NOT required at this time.
When arecruitment isposted,youwill be notified via email.Once notified, you will berequiredtosubmit an applicationonline via our job board.
It is not a requirement to submit interest to thetalentpool to be considered for futureSeasonal Maintenance Workerrecruitments.Additional Information Work Status
: Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.Veterans' Preference:
If you are requesting Veterans' Preference, attach a copy of your DD214/DD215 and/or Veterans Administration letter stating your disability to your profile, as well as checking the box identifying yourself as a Veteran. You must request Veterans' Preference AND include a copy of your documentation for each recruitment to which you apply. Veterans' Preference documentation must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on the closing date of this recruitment.ADA Accommodations:
If you identify as a person with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation when applying for this job, please contact the Recruiter below for assistance.Equal Employment Opportunity
: It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply.Questions?
Loan Tran, Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
(503) 823-6821Closing Date/Time: 12/31/2020 11:59 PM Pacific