For more than a century, the Greater Milwaukee Foundation (GMF) has been inspiring philanthropy, serving donors and strengthening communities. Together with its donors and many community partners, the Foundation guides and shares a collective vision that Greater Milwaukee becomes a vibrant, economically thriving region comprised of welcoming and inclusive communities that provide opportunity, prosperity and a high quality of life for all.
You can make a difference, as we are seeking an Impact Investing Manager! The Impact Investing Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the overall program, working with external partners to leverage investment opportunities, promote and secure investments in the GMF impact investing pool and to source investments that advance the Foundation’s strategic priorities. This position manages deal identification and oversees underwriting, risk assessment, deal structuring and closing process. The Impact Investing Manager assists with fund development and, with Marketing and Communications, creation of marketing materials, articles and presentations on impact investing. The incumbent works closely with the Impact Investing staff, GMF leadership, the community at large, nonprofit and for-profit entities.
- Works with broad community networks to identify opportunities for impact investments that advance the Foundation’s strategic priorities.
- Oversees process for evaluation and analysis of impact investment deals to recommend for investment including underwriting, deal structuring, managing the closing process, and providing portfolio management.
- Partners with CEO, Development and Philanthropic Services (DPS) staff and others to identify donors who have a passion and interest in impact investing and participates in solicitations with DPS staff.
- Identifies external prospects and public sector partners to invest in the impact investing pool, participates in the cultivation of those relationships and solicitation and securing of investments, in coordination with DPS.
- Works collaboratively with broad range of partners including donors, key stakeholders, funders, foundations, financial institutions and community organizations to promote impact investing as a tool to advance GMF’s mission.
- Represents GMF in public forums, expanding community outreach on impact investing and strategic priorities.
- Shares industry insights and best practices internally and externally, including conferences and relevant forums.
- Provides or recommends technical assistance to investees within the impact investing portfolio on financial health, financing needs, project feasibility, etc.
- Supports the development of communications (e.g. reports, case studies, research and social media) related to the impact investment work.
- Stays current on relevant research, indicator findings and national research on the impact investing industry, translating findings to the local context so it is relevant and useful.
- Manages Impact Investing Committee of the Board and technical subcommittee. Coordinates cross-functional internal Impact Investing team.
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please include resume, cover letter and salary requirements when applying
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), educational assistance and more!