Powered by an inspiring Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMB's sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Enterprise Application Services, the incumbent is responsible for business process management, application administration, communications, change control, documentation and ticketing processes for the Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office and Enterprise Application Support Group. This includes the management oversight of critical IT projects including feasibility studies, strategy development, project management practices, issue escalation, risk mitigation and benefits realization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Create an environment that prioritizes strong relationships that focus on understanding and achieving CSUMB's strategic goals.
2. Build strategic relationships and collaborate with leaders across campus to identify, develop, and deliver projects/services that enhance productivity, improve the quality of work, and provide a better experience for our students.
3. Develop and distribute communications and support coordination with campus stakeholders, advisory committees, governance bodies and related working groups; Communicate and coordinate with campus and IT cross functional teams, vendors and Chancellor's Office project teams.
4. Oversee the management of Enterprise Applications including setup, configuration and administration;
5. Oversee Business Process Management including business requirements gathering, process improvement, functional specifications, Q/A plan, testing and training;
6. Oversee the management of the IT Portfolio of projects including strategy development, tracking, status reporting and prioritization to ensure alignment with the strategic goals and objectives throughout the IT Department;
7. Oversee the management of critical IT projects including: feasibility studies, strategy development, project management, issues escalation, risk management and benefits realization;
8. Develops and implements department processes and procedures, directs department staff, and works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs to ensure successful completion of campuswide strategic projects;
9. Provide training and document support services including integrating project management tools into other aspects of IT administration;
10. Track the status of IT projects, coordinate and maintain close contact with CIO and IT directors for escalating decisions, resource assignments, recommending and implementing procedural changes;
11. Manage high priority projects as needed;
12. Supervise and lead a team of project managers (PMs), project coordinators and assigned administrative staff.
Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Superior leadership, communication, change management, interpersonal and supervisory skills; experienced in guiding the work of both direct-reporting staff and project teams.
• Ability to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact and established objectives.
• Ability to work harmoniously with faculty, staff and students to resolve recurring differences between expectations and available resources
• Exhibit maturity, reliability, composure and stability under pressure as required for handling on-the-job challenges. Be able to give and take constructive criticism in a professional manner.
• Excellent skills in analytic thinking and process, systems and metrics analysis.
• Skilled in consensus-building but also adept at establishing a course of action that will ensure achievement of objectives.
• Experience with comprehensive project management; principles, methods, techniques and practices for managing projects of any size or complexity.
• Demonstrated experience leading multi-department projects/implementations which achieved defined objectives, delivering defined results that established new or improved service(s).
• Excellent skills in developing and delivering effective training and communication materials to enable campus development of project plans.
• Knowledge of project plan development, project control techniques and project management software tools.
• Knowledge of IT systems and applications including access procedures, configuration protocols, networks, system integration and/or databases, and enterprise applications.
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university.
• Three to five years of progressively responsible experience relevant to the job responsibilities. Two years of supervisory and/or management experience.
• Experience with Project Management Tools and technology.
• Experience supporting enterprise applications including: Application setup and configuration, business requirements gathering, review and finalization of scope documents, documentation (functional specifications), Q/A plan, testing, and training.
• Technical fluency with systems infrastructure and enterprise solutions; Microsoft Office, G Suite, and/or similar administrative tools and technology.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Strong technical background working in Higher Education.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT AND POSITION DESIGNATIONS:
• All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
• The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• This position will have a duty to report to the Campus Title IX Officer information pertaining to victims of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, and stalking as required by CSU Executive Order 1095.
• This position is designated as a Campus Security Authority, will be required to participate in annual training, and to immediately forward to the Clery Compliance Officer all reports of Clery Act crimes brought to their attention.
• This position is required to comply with confidentiality requirements outlined in the Department of Education's Family Educational Rights and Privacy and California's Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
• Must possess and maintain a valid license to drive in the State of California, pass the Defensive Training Class, and be insurable under the University's liability coverage.
• May require occasional evenings and/or weekend work.
• This position has been designated as a sensitive position with; responsibility for the care, safety and security of people (including children and minors), animals and CSU property; authority to commit financial resources of the university through contracts greater than $10,000; access to, or control over, cash, checks, credit cards, and/or credit card account information; responsibility or access/possession of building master or sub-master keys for building access and control over campus business processes, either through functional roles or system
Office environment with standard equipment and tasks. Position requires working at a computer/video display terminal and desk for extended periods of time. May require travel between campus offices and off-campus locations.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a management level position with an attractive benefits package, which includes: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; an excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance; long term disability coverage; life insurance; educational incentives; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS); and 14 paid holidays a year. For further information, please visit: Management Personnel Plan. The University Corporation at CSU Monterey Bay also provides access to affordable campus housing, Employee Housing.
For full consideration, applicants must complete the required online application prior to the priority screen date found at csumb.edu/jobs. Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University. Materials submitted become the property of CSUMB and will not be returned.
CSUMB is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting University Personnel at (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura and Antle Family Memorial Library (map). All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
CSUMB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States and is an E-Verify employer. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State University, Monterey Bay Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://csumb.edu/clery
CSUMB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
CSUMB is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled