PH5708D FIRST DAY OF FILING :
September 8, 2020 at 8:30 a.m., Pacific Time (PT)
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
Open Competitive Job OpportunityNo Out-of-Class Experience will be accepted.Position Information:
Assists a Supervising Health Facilities Evaluator, Nursing in charge of a district office or specialized unit by performing lead enforcement and administrative functions to enforce the quality of total patient care in accordance with Federal, State and local licensing and certification laws and Federal regulations, conditions and standards. Program Information:
Positions allocable to this class report to a Supervising Health Facilities Evaluator, Nursing in charge of a district office or a specialized unit. These positions are responsible for performing lead enforcement field evaluations of subordinate staff when assigned to a district office, providing technical and administrative review of reports submitted pertaining to areas affecting the quality of total patient care such as nursing, physician, pharmacy, social, dental and related services. These positions are responsible for enforcement procedures and related matters including the preparation and presentation of cases for prosecution or hearing.
Essential Job Functions
Supervises and evaluates the activities of survey teams providing technical and administrative review pertaining to areas affecting total patient care such as nursing, physician, pharmacy, social, dental and related services; recommends improved procedures to appropriate supervisory personnel.
Prepares written submissions related to enforcement actions and attends all informal disciplinary conferences with facility managers, as well as all administrative managers dealing with facilities within a district.
Plans and conducts periodic spot reviews of health facilities in the district.
Processes Medicare/Medi-Cal non-renewals and decertification and handles hearings and depositions related to such actions.
Participates in fact gathering and analysis of death investigations, maintaining liaison with other investigating agencies.
Initiates requests for coroner's inquests and attends related procedures.
Prepares and submits final documents for license revocations, decertification non-renewals and injunctions, maintaining liaison with district office staff.
Files criminal complaints and assists local prosecutors in the preparation of cases.
Maintains liaison with police jurisdictions within the district or provides liaison between the districts and representatives of the other agencies, such as the Office of the Attorney General and City and District Attorneys.
Requirements Meet one of the following experiences and the license requirements at the time of filing in order to move forward in the exam process.Option I:
One year of work experience* in the Los Angeles County class of Health Facilities Evaluator, Nursing**-OR-Option II:
One year of work experience* as a registered nurse enforcing local licensing and certification requirements relating to medical care in health facilities. License(s) and Certificate(s) Required:
A current license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
A current certification issued by the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program.
- Applicants must ensure the License and Certification Section of the application is completed. Provide the title(s) of your required license(s), the number(s), date(s) of issue, date(s) of expiration and the name(s) of the issuing agency for the required license as specified in the Selection Requirements.
- Applicants claiming experience in a state other than California must provide their Registered Nurse License Number from that state on the application at the time of filing. Out-of-State experience provided on the application without the required license number will not be considered.
- Out-of-Country experience will not be considered to meet the requirements.
A valid California Class C Driver's License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Applicants MUST attach a legible photocopy of the required BLS certification to their application at the time of filing or within 15 calendar days of filing your application online sent to HRExams@ph.lacounty.gov. Applications submitted without the required evidence of BLS certification will be rejected.
The required license and certification MUST
be current/active and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license or certification will NOT
be accepted. Physical Class:
2 - Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved. Special Requirement Information:
- *Experience will be evaluated on a verifiable 36 hour work week and must be post-license only.
- **The Los Angeles County class of Health Facilities Evaluator, Nursing is defined as a registered nurse who performs surveys, investigates, and inspects hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and related health care facilities to enforce Federal , State and local licensing and certification requirements relating to medical care.
Additional Information Our Assessment Process:
Once we have determined that you meet one of the experience options and
license requirements listed above, our process will consist of an evaluation of training and experience based on the supplemental questionnaire at the time of filing, weighted 100%. Applicants must meet one of the experiences and license requirements listed above and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the examination (Assessment Process) in order to be added to the hiring list (Eligible Register) for consideration of employment.
Passing this examination and being added to the Eligible Register does not guarantee an offer of employment.NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS
. Vacancy Information:
The eligible register resulting from this examination will be used to fill vacancies in the Department of Public Health as they occur. What to expect next:
Fair Chance Employer:
- We ask that you submit an application through the "Apply" link at the top of the opportunity posting using your own user ID and password (using a family member or friend's user ID may erase a candidate's original application record). Applications must be filed online only. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
- Applications will be processed on an "as-received" basis and those receiving a passing score the assessment will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
- The names of candidates receiving a passing score in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of promulgation.
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction
history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment. The County will make an individual
assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed.
Have any questions about anything? Please contact us using the following information:Available Shift:
AnyCalifornia Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Teletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077Exam Number:
PH5708DDepartment Contact Name:
Exam AnalystDepartment Contact Phone:
(323) 914-8488Department Contact Email: