The City of Fort Lauderdale employees possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
This is advanced professional, technical, and administrative work of more than average difficulty in research, design, planning, procurement, and implementation of technology solutions; recommends technology for meeting business needs; leads technology upgrade initiatives; and collaborates with staff external to the immediate team as well as vendors. Position will have a focus in project management, application administration or technology support. NOTE:
The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!! Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan! That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness ( PSLF ) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit
www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify.
This job classification is in Management Category III for benefits purposes.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of a department-wide project management framework and reporting process
- Develops cost-benefit analyses and statements
- Makes recommendations for improvements in information systems methodologies and procedures
- Develops, documents and implements workflows and procedures
- Performs analysis and recommends purchases of new technology hardware, software and peripherals
- Identifies information system problems; develops solutions and recommendations
- Develops Request for Proposals (RFP) documents, serves as part of evaluation committee and provides narrative for selection recommendation
- Manages or coordinates technology projects and other initiatives as assigned
- Coordinates with outside vendors and City customer department personnel to ensure information technology initiatives are completed
- Develops deployment schedules and task identification and resource assignment for technology projects and initiatives
- Participates in various aspects of hardware, software application administration, support and maintenance
- Coordinates response to technology incidents and communicates response progress to customers and other information technology team members
- Provides after hours technology support as needed
- Develops end user training plans and conducts training
- Stays abreast of developments in the technology field
- Performs related work as required
APPLICATION SERVICES AND IT PUBLIC SAFETY DIVISIONS
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Develops and deploys scripts and tools to automate or facilitate workflows
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience planning and managing or administering technology related projects or systems.
- Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Florida driver's license within 30 days of hire.
Essential Employees may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work. PREFERENCES:
- Experience administering or supporting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position is generally sedentary. Employees sit most of the time but may walk or stand for brief periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form ( J204 ) at time of application.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous