OVERVIEWPOSTING REOPENED ON 8/19/2020
CONTINUOUS POSTING, OPEN UNTIL FILLED
WILL BE SCREENED WEEKLY, BEGINNING 8/31/2020
The Superior Court of Kitsap County seeks four part-time temporary Treatment Aides to support the work of the Treatment Courts.
Incumbents are responsible for providing alcohol and drug recovery services support work. Incumbents work with treatment court participants, and perform services directly related to urinalysis collection and testing. This position is responsible for monitoring, collecting and recording same-sex client urine samples. This work involves interfacing with felony offenders and other client populations who may have substance use disorders. Additional duties include maintenance of supplies and inventory, photocopying, and assistance with clerical duties. Extensive computer experience is required. Incumbents are expected to be available to work all shifts and/or weekends.
The Superior Court will hire two female and two male Treatment Aides to ensure proper gender observation coverage for all shifts.QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Criminal Conviction Standards
- High school diploma or GED AND
- Six months responsible support work experience in the area of healthcare and/or inpatient drug and alcohol treatment.
:The successful incumbent will have unsupervised access to a vulnerable adult or a vulnerable person, or access to a secured/confidential facility or computer system(s). As a result, Kitsap County will be conducting an extensive criminal background check by law enforcement agencies, which may include fingerprinting.
Please review the following list of disqualifying crimes and negative actions to determine if you meet our standard for this position: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/ffa/disqualifying-list-crimes-and-negative-actions PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Kitsap County provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- The duties in this position are performed in a laboratory setting and involve observation of participants submitting samples for urinalysis testing.
In this role you will have opportunity to:
OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Assist in administering the urinalysis (UA) testing process to include completing and maintaining records and documentation
- Assist in maintaining logs and records on patient behavior, security checks, prescriptions provided to and taken by participants, etc.
- Assist in enforcing all rules and regulations of the facility including participant safety.
- Interact with participants and provide encouragement and support in their treatment program
- This position is open to the general public. Applications will be screened for qualifications and completion of all the required materials and forms. The most competitive applicants may be contacted for further steps in the selection process, which may include testing for office and computer skills.
- This position is classified as eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- This position is covered by the Kitsap County Extra Help Policy and is classified as "at will". Incumbent's continued employment is at the discretion of the Superior Court Administrator.
- This position is grant funded through 2020 with plans for funding through 2021.
- Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.
- This recruitment is being used to fill an existing open position, and may be used to fill future openings for up to six (6) months.
- Work hours for this position will vary weekly, Monday - Saturday
Closing Date/Time: Continuous