Final Filing Date:
This recruitment is open until sufficient qualified applicants have been identified. This recruitment may close at any time.
The Health Department's Clinic Services Bureau has openings for Senior Clinic Nurses to serve as lead workers to clinic nursing staff and provide professional nursing care and services to patients and their families at one of its primary health care clinics.
The Clinic Services Bureau operates seven clinics, including the Alisal Health Center, Seaside Family Health Center, Monterey County Health Clinic at Marina and the four Laurel Clinics located in Salinas, which include Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Laurel Vista and Pediatrics. The clinics offer care to the medically underserved in Monterey County.
The eligible list established from this recruitment process will be used to fill the current positions and may be used to fill future vacancies as they arise. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Examples of Experience/Education/Training EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
- Coordinate, monitor, and plan the work of lower-level clinical staff
- Train staff on clinic protocol, operation of equipment, and provide in-service education
- Perform full scope of registered nurse duties and responsibilities
- Plan, present, and manage care plans for clinic patients needing case management
- Prepare, maintain, and track laboratory results as needed
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinic physicians, providers, patients and colleagues
- Communicate effectively with clinic physicians, providers, patients, and colleagues
- Keep current on developments in the area of clinical medicine
- Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Independent Worker
- Takes initiative
- Clear and effective communicator
- Establish and maintain a warm and caring atmosphere with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of education, training, and/or experience, typically:
Education: Completion of an accredited nursing program
Experience: Five years of experience as a registered nurse in a clinic setting, including experience and/or training in lead work or supervision. Required Qualifications:
- Incumbents must continue to meet the legal requirements to practice as a Registered Nurse as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing and continue to possess the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position as indicated above and as may change within the medical industry.
- Posses a current CPR Certification and maintain certification throughout employment.
Conditions of Employment:
As a condition of employment, the incumbent will be required to:
- Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and during times of disaster or emergency.
- Successfully pass an extensive background investigation to the satisfaction of the Appointing Authority with the ability to be bonded. The Health Department will conduct thorough background and reference checks which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check. The Applicant will be required to execute a consent and waiver for the background investigation.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record.
For a complete job description please visit
https://www2.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/52A22.pdf SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS :
Ability to communicate effective in English and Spanish is required for some positions.Additional Information
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES TO APPLY :
Submit the following to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906.
- Monterey County Employment Application form
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions
- Copy of California Registered Nurse License
- Current CPR card
Or apply on-line at www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel
Resumes may be submitted, but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials .
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination.
For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4515.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodations, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at 831-755-4515.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed below.
The County offers an excellent benefits package (S Bargaining Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or "S" MOU prevails over this listing.
See https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showdocument?id=62266 for more information (S Bargaining Unit Benefit Summary Sheet.)
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.