Final filing date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED Exam #16/54C03/06KG Summary of Position
The Monterey County Health Department is seeking Physician Assistants to fill regular and temporary positions in the Clinic Services Bureau.
The Clinic Services Bureau
offers care to the medically underserved in Monterey County. The mission of the Bureau is to provide quality primary medical care to ensure that every resident of Monterey County has access to healthcare and public health services regardless of ability to pay, and assures that high quality services are provided at the lowest possible cost. Monterey County Health Department clinics are located in Salinas, Seaside and Marina and provide family practice, women's health, internal medicine, pediatric, behavioral health, and specialty services.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment process will be used to fill current and future vacancies, both regular and temporary, as they arise in Clinic Services or Behavioral Health. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders and diseases with patients of all ages.
- Coordinating care for patients with chronic disease.
- Sensitivity to a culturally diverse patient population.
- Working in team based care. 1:2 Physician/Medical Assistant ratio.
- Strong desire to serve critically underserved populations.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training Required Condition of Employement:
- Establish and maintain a warm and caring atmosphere with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Clear and effective communicator
- Team player
- Pursuant to Section 3503 of the Business and Professions Code, possess and maintain a license to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the Physician Assistants Committee of the Medical Board of California.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record or be able to provide suitable transportation that is approved by the appointing authority.
- Within one year of appointment must possess and maintain National Physician Assistant Certification.
Condition of Employment:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience with electronic health record, preferably EPIC
Additional Information APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
- The Health Department will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906. Resumes may be submitted in addition to, but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials . Final filling date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
- Monterey County Employment Application form
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
- Valid Copy of Physician Assistant License
- Valid Copy of National Physician Assistant Certificate
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess the applicant's possession of required qualifications, this recruitment may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination
. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4524. Or apply on-line at www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel NOTE:
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4524. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U. S.. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above. BENEFITS: The County offers an excellent benefits package (H Bargaining Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package that includes 22 days of annual leave; 11 holidays per year; health, dental, and vision insruance; life insurance; and CALPERS retirement. For more benefits information please contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831)755-4524.Benefits Summary Sheet:
The information listed above is a general summary of benefits for this position. This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution prevails over this listing.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.