Maintenance Supervisor is a professional responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of technical employees during general maintenance and routine upkeep of the company's facilities and equipment.
Under general direction of an Assistant Director of Housing, performs advanced journey level duties in the areas of Maintenance Supervision to ensure that all building systems function in a reliable and safe manner as well as comply with all fire and building codes; to assign, direct, and oversee the work of subordinate employees and/or outside contractors; and to perform related duties as required.
The starting pay for this position is $54,478/annually. Essential Areas of Responsibility Staff Supervision
Model supervisory strategies and approaches that demonstrate the Agency Cultural Objectives in all aspects of staff communication and supervision, when supervising directly or when coaching a staff member to whom you have delegated supervisory responsibility. Supervisory duties include the responsibility to:Maintenance Management
Education & Experience
- Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities in the facilities including analyzing equipment needs, reliability issues, developing preventive/predictive maintenance programs
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and coordinate all repair and installation activities with Maintenance Coordinators
- Coach, mentor, train and develop maintenance employees to meet current and future business requirements
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Manage the maintenance expenses by ensuring best practices in the industry
- Build and upkeep long term relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policies
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree (Preferred) in business administration, facility management or similar relevant field
- Certification as a National Accredited Housing Maintenance Supervisor, NAHRO Certified Maintenance Manager, or a National Accredited Housing Maintenance Technician, Mechanical-Electrical Technician, or a Federal/State approved Stationary Engineer apprenticeship program (Preferred)
- Previous working experience as a Maintenance Supervisor for (4) year(s)
- Four years of full-time, paid experience with gradually increasing duties and responsibilities
- Hands on experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Applicable knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Valid NAHRO Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) will be considered an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Plan, train, organize, coordinate and supervise the work of maintenance staff and other personnel to meet current and future business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations for installation, operation, maintenance, and repair, including, but not limited to: air conditioning, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, sewage and gas systems.
- Directly assist in mechanical maintenance, fabrication and repair work as required
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules and replacement programs
- Develop and maintain an inventory control system
- Develop and implement safety standards and procedures complying with Cal-OSHA and other authorities
- Develop and implement operating instruction manuals for safety and maintenance procedures
- Evaluate elevator maintenance contracts and elevator safety inspections
- Prepare and/or obtain estimates for contract maintenance and assigned projects.
- Schedule and inspect contractor's performance of the work for both in-house and contract services
- Establish and conduct training programs
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite and property management software i.e. YARDI
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning supplies and equipment offered by vendors for possible use by the Agency
- Maintain status of mechanical maintenance tasks and projects
- Develop, supervise and implement work plans and work schedules for all Maintenance Workers including Maintenance Coordinators, Maintenance Floaters and contractors hired to fulfill maintenance obligations
- Review project documents prior to construction
- Coordinate and supervise emergency repairs
- Achieve results for the organization with and through other people utilizing creative and innovative solutions. Work successfully in a collaborative manner that involves Interdepartmental relations.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and technical project management. Work on several projects at the same time.
- Work with minimal supervision yet provide regular updates to supervisor.
- Ability to make contractual and expenditure decisions within corporate guidelines.
- Read, interpret, and comment on financial statements and legal documents.
- Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
- Represent Agency in a professional manner at all times.
- Understand and support the mission and values of the Agency
- Preventive maintenance programs
- Health and safety policy compliance
- Building systems. Including but not limited to: air conditioning, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, Sewage and gas systems
- Building Principles pertaining to the operation, maintenance, repair and installation ofHVACR, fire life safety, lighting, mechanical, electrical and piping systems
- Methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the operation, maintenance, repair and installation of HVACR, fire life safety, lighting, and related equipment
- Pneumatic and Direct Digital Controls forHVACRequipment
- Preventive maintenance chemicals and other materials used in boilers, chillers, cooling towers and similar equipment
- Energy conservation products
- Training and disciplinary practices
- Procurement procedures
- Professional office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and applicable software applications. These applications may include word processing, spreadsheets, databases and other specialized applications related to the area of assignment
- How to communicate professionally in writing utilizing proper spelling and grammar.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Read, interpret and work from plans, drawings and specifications, including but not limited to, building, blueprints and electrical drawings
- Use testing equipment for electronics, pneumatics, air-flow, speed, etc.
- Use welding equipment, small power tools such as saws, drills, grinders, etc., and hand tools
- Learn to analyze situations accurately and take effective action
- Maintain records and generate reports
- Read, write and speak English at a level necessary for satisfactory job performance
- Research, read and understand building, plumbing and electrical codes
Licenses and Certificates:
Possess and maintain a valid California Driver License, Class C or higher. Failure to obtain and/or maintain the appropriate California Driver License may constitute cause for personnel action in accordance with SHRA vehicle usage policy. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
All employees may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time. An employee with a known disability will only be assigned additional duties when the duty being added is an essential function of the position, or can be carried out with reasonable accommodation.
Every employee is expected to participate in discussions of individual, department and Agency performance and work on problem-solving teams as assigned. Any employee serving on a problem-solving team may be asked to carry out the role of team leader.
Any person driving for Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency must maintain a valid driver's license on his/her person, and demonstrate compliance with the motor vehicle law, standards of courtesy on the road and attention to safety. All drivers must maintain their insurability.
Maybe required to take and successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination. May be required to complete a written supplemental questionnaire prior to interview.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous