Communications & Outreach Specialist
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Temporary CSUEU position: Position to end on or before 05/30/2021. Permanent status may be earned in this position if it is renewed for four years without a break in service in accordance with collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Monday to Friday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Anticipated Hiring Range*
$4,918 to $5,464 per month ($59,016 to $65,568 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Teaching and Learning in Faculty Affairs, this position develops, writes, edits, and proofreads communications in support of the core mission and values of the Center for Equity & Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CEETL); collaborates with instructional designers, photographers, faculty and others on the theme, design, content and layout of print, electronic, web-based and social media publications to maximize impact, reinforcing anti-racist principles in support of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion; and participates in the redesign, development and ongoing management of the Faculty Affairs and CEETL websites. The Communications & Outreach Specialist should have strong written and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles, and a demonstrated commitment to honoring and promoting equity and inclusion in all its forms.
- Develops, writes, edits, and proofreads communications in support of the core mission and values of the Center for Equity & Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CEETL);
- Collaborates with instructional designers, photographers, faculty and others on the theme, design, content and layout of print, electronic, web-based and social media publications to maximize impact, reinforcing anti-racist principles in support of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion; and
- Participates in the redesign, development and ongoing management of the Faculty Affairs and CEETL websites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing and editing skills to quickly produce clear and concise standard documents for internal and external publication;
- Ability to analyze and select pertinent facts and integrate them into print, web and social media communication vehicles;
Ability to effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals;
¿ Strong story development, journalistic writing, and editorial skills;
¿ Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information; and
¿ Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships within the university and community.
- Ability to apply inclusive and anti-racist principles to print, web and social media communications.
- Demonstrated commitment to honor, promote and advocate for justice, equity, diversity and inclusion in support of student success.
Core Competencies ¿ embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
- Customer/Client focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work*
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employees.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
San Francisco, California