Position Description An Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace Invites your interest for the position of
Temporary Contact Tracer (Community Service Aide II) Bilingual (English/Spanish) Required
Exam # 20/60P21/07RU
Final Filing Date: Continuous
Summary of Position
Would you like to have a direct impact on the health and safety of your community during this pandemic and locally declared emergency? Early recognition of suspected cases and their contacts is critical for controlling the spread of COVID-19. The Health Department has organized multidisciplinary response teams that consist of a team lead, case investigator, contract tracers, and support personnel. The Health Department is seeking emergency temporaries to further support each team as a contact tracer. The specific assignment would depend upon organizational needs.
The incumbents will be supporting the Public Health Department with COVID-19 and perform task as a contact tracer. Incumbents roles may include various Community Service Aide II duties such as schedule participant appointments, makes follow-up telephone calls, greets and assists participants in filling out forms, obtains participant intake information for eligibility, enters information into various data systems , provides outreach, referral and interpretation to the community. The incumbent may perform various duties based on which program they are assigned and assist the program and/or clinic as needed. CSA II keeps records and maintains files and explain basic services provided by the program.
A list of eligible candidates resulting from this recruitment may be used to fill future full-time, part-time or temporary vacancies as they arise in the Health Department.
This classification is part of a flexible series. Incumbents appointed at a lower level of the career series may be promoted up to the higher level of the career series subject to their meeting the employment standards for the higher class and a recommendation for their promotion by the appointing authority in accordance with the Flexible Staffing Program and Guidelines. Examples of Duties
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities :
- Knowledge of some medical, community health, or public health experience preferred but not required
- Perform various duties in health clinics such as schedule appointments, obtain patient intake information, greet and assist patients in filling out forms and guiding through clinic
- Ability to keep records and maintain files.
- Ability to speak, interpret, and translate in English/Spanish.
- Ability to recruit new participants, explain basic services provided by clinics and information related to the clinics.
- Ability to read, write, follow instructions, and complete work assignments.
- Working knowledge of local communities and resources
- Ability to communicate with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and educational levels
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer skills using Microsoft products such as Word and Excel.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of audiences
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Provide excellent and courteous customer service
- Work well in a team-oriented environment
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying.
Conditions of Employment :
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent
- Due to the sensitive nature of these positions, the Health Department reserves the right to fingerprint and conduct police background checks of appointees for some positions.
For complete information see the class specification/job description on our website at:
Ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish required for these positions. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates must complete and receive a passing score on the bilingual oral examination prior to employment. Additional Information
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906.
Final filing date: Continuous
- Monterey County Employment Application
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
Please be aware if the application form and response to supplemental questions not submitted timely with other required application materials, the application will be removed form further consideration and not be considered further.
Or apply on-line at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montereycounty/default.cfm
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4618.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodations, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at 831-755-4618.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly, and you will not be eligible benefit.
An Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.