SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,100.00/month to $3,649.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The Office of Student Outreach (OSO) provides comprehensive services to prospective students, students, staff, faculty, and the members of the community-at-large who are seeking information or services from the University relative to outreach, recruitment and pre-admission advising.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Office of Student Outreach (OSO) provides comprehensive services to prospective students, students, staff, faculty, and the members of the community-at-large who are seeking information or services from the University relative to outreach, recruitment and pre-admission advising. This Administrative Support Assistant position has the primary role of serving as the Operator for Cal State East Bay¿s main phone line, as well as a variety of administrative tasks and clerical functions to support OSO.
This is a temporary, full-time position through June 30, 2021, with the possibility of reappointment.
Serve as Operator for Cal State East Bay's main phone line:
* Answer phone and assist callers to identify needs, and route incoming calls to appropriate department/program/office
* Interact and communicate effectively with people over the phone, sometimes in stressful situations
* Provide excellent, friendly, and high quality and quantity front-line customer service
* Research campus services, offerings and events to ensure efficient and quality information is being disseminated, using the Live25 calendar and other resources
* Provide campus directory information to callers
* Provide information obtained from a variety of sources to field questions from the public regarding departments, phone numbers, operational hours, etc.
* Update and maintain personal copy of various resources to ensure accurate dispensing of information
* Compile and update data within templates as related to the Operator role; track and assess calls and implement changes needed under the direction of the OSO Director
* Answer questions and provide some training basics for new operators, on-call substitutes or student assistants
* Keep immediate work area clean and orderly
* Under the direction of the OSO Director, develop and assess documents and tools to help measure type and quality of services; track caller type to better understand clientele and for quarterly/annual reporting
Support Live Chat and Social Media Communications:
* Receive and promptly respond to live chat inquiries
* Document issues as well as the resulting answer or solution
* Act as a liaison to other campus departments
* Increase knowledge about the use of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
* Effectively implement social media strategies, as designated by the OSO Director, to strengthen and build new relationships with prospective students
* Assist with implementation of social media marketing strategies
* Conduct research on proven social media techniques to engage prospective students and increase social media presence, and report back information collected to OSO Director
* On a regular basis, collect and report data related to social media
Perform various clerical tasks, other duties and special projects as assigned:
* Special projects or unanticipated needs may result in other duties being assigned by OSO Director, Welcome Center Advisor, and/or Office Manager
* Staff and complete tasks prior to or during on-campus events at the direction of the event coordinator or Director
* Support Fulfillment Center with mail prep during peak mailing time upon request
* Take accurate OSO meeting minutes and provide draft notes to Director in a timely manner
* Handle OSO mail distribution and process returned mail
* Assist in updating recruitment related documents as needed, e.g. staff emergency contact card, Recruitment Service Area contact sheet, flyers, etc.
* Set department meetings upon request using 25 Live or Union reservations.
* Assist all areas/staff upon request and serve as back-up for other admin support positions.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills
* Excellent phone etiquette skills
* Ability to quickly develop comprehensive knowledge about CSUEB departments and programs
* Ability to think quickly, answer a high volume of calls, and communicate orally with a variety of callers
* Ability to interact and communicate professionally and effectively over the phone
* Ability to carry-out assignments with basic instructions
* Detail oriented with ability to multi-task
* Basic data entry skills
* High level word processing skills (including Microsoft Office Suite)
* Strong organizational skills and under the direction of supervisor, ability to initiate actions necessary to implement administrative or group decisions or recommendations
* Ability to work independently
* Ability and willingness to understand, embrace, and communicate CSUEB marketing messages
* Must have strong work ethic and positive attitude, and the ability to work well with others and be a part of something larger to accomplish OSO objectives and goals within the Division of Student Affairs and the University as a whole
Requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Graduation from a two or four-year college or university
* 1 year of experience in a college/university setting
* 1 year of experience in a customer service oriented position
* 1 year experience utilizing social media in an educational setting
* 1 year experience utilizing live chat in an educational setting
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled