SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,897.00/month to $5,474.00/month
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The State Grants Coordinator will be responsible for the administration and reconciliation of all State Grants including but not limited to Cal Grant, Chaffee Grant, CA National Guard Grant, Child Development Grant, Middle Class Scholarship, and other State Grants as available. The Coordinator will maintain policy documentation and institutional reporting to insure institutional compliance. The Coordinator will review eligibility, advise in awarding of allocated funds, and advise internal and external stakeholders of requirements. Additionally, the Coordinator will assist with the customer service needs of the Financial Aid Office, which can include phone, chat, and email shifts.
State Grants Coordinator
* Works collaboratively with alt units within Financial Aid, the Student Fiscal Services Office, the Enrollment Management leadership team and the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) in the delivery of state aid funds to students.
* Oversees the Cal Grant portfolio, Chaffee Grant, CA National Guard' Education Assistance.
* Award, Middle Class Scholarship, and other state grant programs as available.
* The incumbent Is expected to stay current with CSAC program eligibility changes and requirements, as well as the WebGrants systems related updates and effectively communicate all CSAC updates/alerts for the operations team on a regular basis.
* Utilizes state arid institutional reporting and reconciliation platforms to ensure compliance and accurate accounting to state and institutional stakeholders.
* Develops and interprets policy and procedure, and assists staff, other programs coordinators, students, and the public.
* Assists students and parents on all aspects of aid programs, and eligibility requirements.
* In all situations dealing with students and the general public, knowledge of basic counseling techniques, aid program requirements, resource availability, and methods of assisting emotionally distressed individuals is applied.
* Reviews system-generated need analyses/awards to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Identify ad hoc reports as needed or as requested.
* Prepare related state reports, reconcile, resolve discrepancies and maintain records.
* Input data as required for eligibility determination for CA Chaffee Grant Program.
* Update California Student Aid Commission (CSAC} WebGrants system and facilitate Cal Grant AB840 E2 Verification audit processes.
* Administer and oversee local needs analysis as well as eligibility tor related CSAC programs.
* Participates in annual training and professional organizations.
* Assists with customer service for financial aid office through phone, chat or email to provide information and advice to students and parents.
Performs Other Duties As Assigned
* Understanding, or the ability to acquire knowledge, of current issues affecting student affairs, financial aid, student employment and career-related issues and topics to large and small groups, such as in orientation sessions and workshops.
* Ability to generate and maintain collaborative working relationships with the campus community and employers both on and off campus.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a diverse student, faculty, staff and the greater community is essential.
* Must be professional and have the ability to multitask.
* Ability to monitor workflow in many diversified areas and the skills to organize work effectively to achieve timely progress on multiple simultaneous projects.
* Familiarity, or the ability to acquire knowledge, with student information records database applications (I.e., CMS/ PeopleSoft, etc.}.
* Knowledge and proficiency in word processing and presentation software (MS Office, PowerPoint).
* Knowledge and proficiency In computer spreadsheet software such as MS Excel.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* A Master's degree in public administration, business administration, or relevant field.
* Three (3) or more years of Increasingly responsible experience in student employment, payroll, financial aid, communication, and/or directly related professional-level student services work.
* Experience in Cal Grant Administration.
* Experience with PeopleSoft.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled