The mission of Kitsap Recovery Center is to promote healthy lifestyles and communities through superior, responsive, cost-effective chemical dependency treatment services leading to improved quality of life for those involved in or affected by chemical dependency. Kitsap Recovery Center (KRC), located in East Bremerton, provides both inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment services. KRC is state-approved and utilizes the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) treatment criteria.
Treatment Aides assist in providing responsible alcohol and drug recovery services support work in accordance with established standards at Kitsap Recovery Center, which is a 24-hour facility. In addition to working with alcohol and drug dependent patients, duties include assisting with light housekeeping, laundry, and food service for patients and resident guests housed in the facility. Employees must be able to rotate shifts, with varying days off, work nights and/or weekends and are expected to be able to perform the functions and duties of all shifts.QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Required Education and Experience
- Six months of responsible support work experience in the area of healthcare and/or inpatient drug and alcohol treatment. Three months of experience can be substituted with three months of education in a closely related field of study. If substituting education in lieu of experience, you will be required to submit transcripts to show credits received.
Required Licenses, Certificates, Examinations/Tests and Other Requirements
- Experience in an inpatient/live-in or medical environment; AND/OR
- Experience or training in an alcohol or drug related field.
Please note: The incumbent is responsible for obtaining and maintaining all of the following required licenses, certifications and other requirements.
Prior to employment the successful candidate must :
- Pass a criminal background check through law enforcement agencies.
- Pass all job-related examinations/tests necessary to demonstrate required knowledge, skills and abilities, as determined by the hiring authority at time of job posting.
- Declare availability to work rotating shifts, nights and/or weekends and overtime as needed.
- Provide references that demonstrate reliability, a good attendance record and a positive work ethic/attitude.
- Declare understanding of and willingness to comply with the requirement that there by no misuse of alcohol or drugs while employed as a Treatment Aide.
Within 30 days after employment the successful candidate must :
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Complete Bloodborne/Airborne Pathogens training and receive Hepatitis B vaccine or sign a waiver.
- Obtain a current First Aid and CPR certification
- Complete a Tuberculosis Test (and yearly thereafter).
Knowledge of :
- Common business practices and expectations of employers in relation to reliability, good attendance and a positive work ethic/attitude.
Ability to :
Working Conditions/Physical Activities
- Appear, and stay, for scheduled work with regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Effectively plan and organize work and complete tasks within prescribed timeframes.
- Communicate effectively.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations in an institutional setting.
- Work around and deal effectively with stressful situations and interpersonal conflict.
- Accurately maintain routine/basic logs and records.
- Maintain a consistently fair attitude toward patients while exercising authority under demanding situations. Secure the confidence, respect and cooperation of patients.
- Exercise tact, initiative and good judgment in performing duties.
- Operate a personal computer utilizing word processing software.
- Establish and maintain cooperative, effective and productive working relationships using tact, patience and courtesy with staff, co-workers, patients and the public.
- Read, understand, and comply with policies, procedures and protocols.
- Work a non-traditional workweek with non-traditional work hours including nights, weekends, rotating shifts and work over 40 hours in a workweek as necessary.
- Respond to on-call assignments with short notice.
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Kitsap County provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require :
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Work is performed primarily at the Recovery Center, which is a 24-hour facility.
- The incumbents must be able to work a rotating schedule that may include various shifts, nights, weekends, and irregular days and hours.
- Occasionally to split or cover an additional shift.
- Exposure to physical hazards may occur occasionally when working with hostile patients with a potential for violence.
- Adequate vision is necessary when providing authorized prescription medication, conducting security inspections, observing patients, and manually preparing log entries.
- Extended standing, sitting and walking through the work area.
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.)
Essential Job Functions :
OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Assist in delivery of treatment services in detoxification and intensive inpatient programs.
- Under supervision, assist in providing medication to patients.
- Assist administering the urinalysis (UA) testing process as well as completing and maintaining records and document in support of programs and services administered by the Kitsap Recovery Center.
- Assist in maintaining logs and records on patient behavior, security checks, prescriptions provided to and taken by patients, etc.
- Assist in enforcing all rules and regulations of the facility; maintaining safety of patients, resident guests and facility and making regular security checks on rooms and facilities.Respond to emergencies.
- Interact with patients and provide encouragement and support in their treatment program.
- Perform light housekeeping and laundry duties.Assist with food service to patients and resident guests.
This position is :
- Classified as eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).