OVERVIEWMake a difference in your community.Become a part of the Kitsap County team!Do what you love while serving the citizens where you live.
The mission of Kitsap Recovery Center is to promote healthy lifestyles and communities through superior, responsive, cost-effective chemical dependency treatment services leading to improved quality of life for those involved in or affected by chemical dependency. Kitsap Recovery Center (KRC), located in Port Orchard, provides both inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment services.
Under immediate supervision and established guidelines, the incumbent performs routine entry level work involving food preparation and service work for individuals housed in Kitsap County facilities, including secured facilities.Duties may include: cooking, baking, and otherwise preparing food, setting up and serving a variety of meals, and performing cleaning and housekeeping tasks under established guidelines of the highest sanitation and safety standards.QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED, and six months of experience and/or training in food preparation, including the set up and operation of basic kitchen equipment, is required.
- Six months of housekeeping duties.
- Possession of a Safe Serve Certificate.
- Custodial or high standard kitchen cleaning experience.
If you use education to meet the requirements for the position, a copy of your official transcripts must be submitted prior to your first day of employment. Driving Requirements
- The successful incumbent must meet the driving requirements of this position and submit a copy a current driving record/abstract (from state of residency) to review for eligibility to drive for Kitsap County prior to employment.The successful incumbent must obtain a valid Washington State Driver's License prior to hire and maintain a satisfactory driving record as outlined in the Kitsap County Vehicle Use Policy.
This position is categorized as:
Criminal Conviction Standards:
- Category 2: Drivermayoperate a personal vehicle as an essential function for official County business. Any employee using a personal vehicle on official County business shall be required to maintain auto liability insurance, in addition to having a valid driver's license. If driving on county business the incumbent must meet and follow the Fleet Risk Control Policies to operate a motor vehicle on County Business.
Required Licenses, Certificates, Examinations/Tests and Other Requirements Please note
- The successful incumbent will or may have unsupervised access to children under 18 years of age, a vulnerable adult, or a vulnerable person, or access to a secured/confidential facility or computer system(s). As a result, Kitsap County will be conducting an extensive criminal background check by law enforcement agencies, which may include fingerprinting.
- Please review the following list of disqualifying crimes and negative actions to determine if you meet our standard for this position: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/ffa/disqualifying-list-crimes-and-negative-actions
: The incumbent is responsible for obtaining and maintaining all of the following required licenses, certifications and other requirements .
Prior to employment, the successful candidate must:
- Submit official transcripts from an accredited college or university or business school, if education is being used to meet the minimum or preferred qualifications.
- Pass all job-related examinations/tests necessary to demonstrate required knowledge, skills and abilities, as determined by the hiring authority at time of job posting.
- Pass a criminal history background check through law enforcement agencies.
- Possess and submit verification of a valid and current food handler's permit.
- Be able to fulfill all of the traveling requirements of this position and meet the qualifications and guidelines of the Fleet Risk Control Policies in the operation of a motor vehicle on County business.
- Complete a Tuberculosis Test (and yearly thereafter.)
Within 30 days of appointment, the successful candidate must:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Obtain or possess current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Complete Blood borne/Airborne Pathogens training.
- Receive the Hepatitis B vaccine series or sign a waiver.
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Kitsap County provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Walking and standing for extended periods,
- Twisting, stooping, bending, reaching (over shoulders, at waist and below waist), and grasping tools.
- Adequate vision and coordination to operate food service and preparation equipment.
- Adequate hearing to sufficient to communicate effectively and respond appropriately.
- Repetitive motions when manually completing required logs/reports.
- Mental alertness, physical strength, coordination, dexterity to ensure safety.
- Exertion of force of up to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or 10 pounds constantly to lift/carry/move food service equipment and materials.
Incumbents may be:
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Subject to exposure to physical hazards associated with use of food preparation equipment and chemicals commonly used in kitchen sanitation and cleaning.
- Exposed to potentially violent or hostile individuals in volatile and dangerous situations within the facility.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
OTHER POSITION RELATED INFORMATION
- Pick up client meals from contracted facility at scheduled times for lunch and dinner.
- Heat breakfast items at time of service to food service standards and temperatures.
- Receive and accept shipments of food service supplies.
- Review inventory list to ensure invoices are correct.
- Coordinate food and supply inventory.
- Order food and housekeeping supplies.
- Shop as needed for food supplies and special diet.
- Operate food service equipment in a safe manner according to the operator's manuals and in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper standards of sanitation by cleaning equipment such as stoves, kettles, pots and pans, dishes, coolers, storage and food service areas
- Observe and report any problems, discrepancies and suggestions regarding food service and housekeeping operations including needed building or other repairs in a timely manner.
- Will perform general housekeeping duties such a vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting and cleaning of restrooms.
- May collect and remove trash andlaunder linens.
- In Charge of cleaning the whole facility, pick up trash outside, empty trash within counselor offices and report and follow up work orders.
- Who May Apply: This position is open to the general public. Applications will be screened for qualifications and completion of all the required materials and forms. The most competitive applicants may be contacted for further steps in the selection process, which may include testing for office and computer skills.
- This position is classified as eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- This position is non-represented and covered under the Kitsap County Personnel Manual. Internal applicants should be aware that a change in union status or bargaining unit may impact your benefits and accruals. Please contact Human Resources if you have questions.
- Kitsap County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact our Human Resources Office.
- This recruitment is being used to fill an existing open position, and may be used to fill future openings for up to six (6) months.
Work hours for this position are Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Tuesday, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous