Salary: $126,984.00 - $166,566.40 Annually USD
WESA is seeking an engaging and forward thinking leader who will be responsible for coordinating the activities and operations of the Wastewater Division within the Operations Department including collection system pipelines, lift stations, and wastewater reclamation treatment facilities. The selected candidate must have a complete understanding of wastewater reclamation facility operation, permit compliance and sludge de-watering and handling. The Wastewater Operations Manager will communicate clearly and effectively to subordinate staff, peers, executive management, and elected officials, as well as create a professional and cooperative work culture in the Wastewater Division.
• Immediately after hire, work to ensure all Wastewater Division team members are aligned with the District's visions and goals. Also evaluate staffing levels to determine if they are correct for the current and anticipated workload.
• Within three months of hire provide the Director of Operations a written report on the team's performance with recommendations for improvement if applicable.
• Within three months of hire, develop a broad understanding of all water reclamation facility (WRF) operations and confirm regulatory compliance efforts are satisfactory. Ensure all requirements are being met or exceeded.
• Within three months, develop a strong understanding of all current WRF projects currently underway or starting in the near future. Become closely involved in the projects by reviewing plans and providing comments, attending project related meetings, and facilitating process interruptions or bypasses to accommodate construction.
• Within six months of hire provide the Director of Operations a written evaluation and opinion of all Wastewater Division operations including the water reclamation facilities and the collection system. Make recommendations for improvement opportunities if applicable.
The Ideal Candidate
• Is an effective communicator, with the ability to interact professionally with a wide range of audiences.
• Is efficient and organized, with the ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and answer both customer and staff inquiries, all while maintaining a pleasant, professional demeanor.
• Will be proactive and solution-oriented in addressing challenges and opportunities.
• Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted ethical standards and values of the District.
• Will demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, and a professional attitude when addressing District challenges.
• Will set strategic goals for staff, while organizing workflow and monitor productivity of the department while providing constructive feedback to ensure all areas of District goals are met in a timely manner.
• Has a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in wastewater operations and water distribution, business administration, public administration or a related field.
• Has seven years of increasingly responsible experience in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of wastewater collection, pumping systems, wastewater treatment and wastewater reclamation including four years of administrative and supervisory responsibility.
• Possesses a valid Grade IV Wastewater Treatment Operator certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
• Possesses a valid Grade V Wastewater Treatment Operator certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board within 18 months of hire.
• Possesses a valid Grade II Collection Systems certificate issued by the CWEA.
• Possesses a valid Grade III Collection Systems certificate issued by the CWEA within 18 months of hire.
• Possesses an appropriate valid California driver's license.
To Be Considered
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume to Jaime Huffman in the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
This position is open until filled. Additional review will beging after Monday, August 3, 2020 so please submit your resume promptly fors consideration.
Following the filing date, resumes will be screened according to the qualifications outlined on the previous page. The most qualified candidates will be invited to personal interviews.
Lake Elsinore, California