Salary: SALARY RANGE 33: $8111- $9859 monthly USD
Apply By: Jun 30, 2020
The Housing Authority of the City of Alameda (AHA) is proud of its mission and accomplishments. In partnership with the entire community, the Housing Authority advocates and provides quality, affordable safe housing, encourages self-sufficiency, and strengthens community inclusiveness and diversity in housing.
The Housing Authority is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to work at the Management Analyst level. Management Analysts work on a wide range of analytical, management, and technical assignments supporting AHA operations and programs, and will have the opportunity to perform meaningful and impactful work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation.
One position is currently open in the Executive Administration Department. This is part of a team of three Management Analysts in this department.
- The position will have an emphasis on Yardi, Housing Policy, and procurement. For this position, AHA is particularly interested in applications from candidates with a strong track record in the use of Yardi for housing-related organizations, and a familiarity with housing policy impacting the Housing Choice Voucher program.
- The position may also have an emphasis on procurement administration, and will perform a broad array of general analytical work for AHA.
- Final decisions about the division of assignments between the existing and newly hired management analyst positions will be determined at the time of hire and as projects/needs arise.
- This role requires the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, lead project teams, and receive work direction from multiple department staff.
Project areas may include:
- Managing Yardi systems including implementation of new functionality and troubleshooting
- Working with various management staff on Housing Policy
- Managing the agency procurement policy and procedures, and tracking of procurements and awarded contracts
- Researching and drafting a variety of agency policies and procedures
- Implementing and administrating various software solutions to fill needs in a changing workplace
- Performing data collection, analysis and summarization on a variety of agency-wide projects
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration, or a related field.
- Experience: Two (2) years of professional administrative and management support experience in public agency government or another agency that utilizes Yardi for financial and housing management.
- Candidates should possess strong technical skills including proficiency in common business software, including Yardi and, preferably, Laserfiche; and top notch analytical, research and reporting, problem solving, and project management skills. Strong presentation, writing, and math skills are essential. Public sector work experience, experience with risk management, assisted housing, and some budgeting or finance/accounting experience is desirable.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver’s license by time of appointment is required. Must be able to be insured under AHA’s owned automobile insurance policy.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
The Housing Authority provides an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Membership in CalPERS defined benefit retirement program, plus voluntary 457 and Roth IRA plans (no employer contribution)
- A variety of health insurance plans to choose from, with some plans fully paid for (regardless of the number of dependents) by employer contributions
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- A schedule of 9-8 hour work days each pay period with every other Friday off
- Note that Management Analysts work on-site; telecommuting is not generally offered
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled; Applications received by June 30, 2020 at 5:00 pm PST will be included in the first review
To apply, candidates must submit a fully completed and signed Housing Authority employment application, including responses to the supplemental questionnaire and a resume (documents must be in Word or pdf format, and uploaded into the online application form).