The Wastewater Treatment Operator III will oversee and participate in the operation, inspection, and maintenance of a variety of plant equipment in connection with the continuous operation of the District's Wastewater Treatment facilities. The incumbent will perform routine maintenance, such as lubricating equipment and changing belts, perform lab tests, and maintain a variety of records related to the area of assignment. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and a quick thinker, who displays initiative and creativity in their work, who will be required to respond to emergency call-out situations and perform standby duty for emergency response after hours and on days off, according to a predetermined schedule. Representative Duties
Immediate Impact: The successful candidate will be given the following objectives upon hire:
- Within 1 month, learn the regulatory requirements and permits that pertain to the Districts three water reclamation facilities, as well as learn the site layouts and processes of the three reclamation facilities.
- Within 3 months, understand and become proficient in the operations, plant rounds, and general maintenance requirements of the three water reclamation facilities.
- Within 6 months, demonstrate the understanding and competency in the process control of the three water reclamation facilities. In addition, demonstrate leadership skills necessary to collaboratively and proficiently lead the operations staff towards achieving operational goals and assignments.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will act with integrity and in accordance with the accepted ethical standards of the District and applicable laws and regulations.
- Is an engaging team player, looking out for the common good of the organization as well as seeks to bring new ideas and innovative thinking to the Wastewater Department.
- Is a leader and a quick thinker, who displays initiative and creativity in their work, as well as works independently, performing a variety of complex, technical, and problem solving activities.
- Possess the skills to train, develop, engage and motivate assigned workgroup.
- Has an education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in wastewater treatment plant operations or a related field.
- Must possess 2 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a wastewater Treatment facility.
- Must possess a valid Grade III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certificate issued by the California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Possesses an appropriate, valid California driver's license.