Announcement Number: 1496556362
STATE OF NEVADA
LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL BUREAU
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES UNIT
There are seven temporary positions available for the 2021 session starting after July 1, 2020 and ending on or before
June 30, 2021. Technicians may perform duties in one or more IT specialization areas depending on the needs of the
agency and report to either the manager of the Support Services group or Network Services group of the Information
Technology Services (ITS) unit of the Administrative Division.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Able to provide extended hours of support during the legislative session and on-call support on a rotating basis
• Bachelor's degree
• 3 years of customer service/support/networking experience in the IT field
• Certifications in: Microsoft, A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, and Dell
The ideal applicant will have a well-rounded and broad skill set that includes any number of the skills listed below.
Duties may be divided between our Support Services team and Network Services as needed, depending on technician's
knowledge and abilities.
• Microsoft Office 2016/2019/365
• Windows 10
• Internet; various research and search tools
• Operating Systems - configure and maintain Windows 10, Server 2012/2016/2019
• Computer Networking - maintain and troubleshoot basic networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN)
• Installing server components and software
• AD schema and group policy
• Resolve hardware, software, printer and network issues
• Install client and server hardware and software
• Troubleshoot network/wireless connections
• Provide high quality customer service and onsite support
Legislative Counsel Bureau
401 S. CARSON STREET
CARSON CITY, NEVADA 89701
POSITION: IT Technician
Type/Salary: Full-Time, Grade 33 ($22.60 - $33.40 hourly DOE)
Salary based on Employee/Employer paid retirement
Location: Carson City, NV (on-site)
Availability: Monday, July 6, 2020
• Maintain Windows Active Directory accounts and policies
• Train users in basic personal computer and software operation
• Develop procedural and software documentation
• Respond to requests to the ITS Help Desk via email, telephone, and walk-ins
• Other duties as assigned
• Work well with others and work efficiently on a team
• Possess a friendly presence and helpful attitude; maintain good interpersonal skills
• Communicate effectively with customers, both technical and non-technical
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Quickly adapt to new situations and challenges
• Exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
• Learn and retain new skills quickly and effectively
• Problem solve and diagnose issues
• Pay attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
It is important that the candidate understands that the LCB works in a legislative cycle comprising 120 days of session
that occurs every two years with the period in between being called the "interim." During the interim, extended hours
of overtime may be expected for preparation of the next session. During session, extended hours of overtime are
expected and a flexible schedule is required to allow the LCB to provide high customer service to the Nevada Legislature.
Benefits include health and dental insurance, separate annual and sick leave and paid holidays after appropriate waiting
periods. Other optional benefits are also available, including a deferred compensation program.
An explanation of the retirement options and information regarding state retirement benefits may be accessed at
A description of the current health and dental benefits provided to all state employees is available at
The Fine Print
This job description provides a list of the range of duties performed by employees who hold this position. It does not list
all of the duties of the job. To meet the needs of the Administrative Division, an employee in this position may be asked
by supervisors to perform other duties in addition to or in lieu of those set forth herein. An employee in this position will
be evaluated in part based on the performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The Administrative Division has
the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment.
The LCB invites interested applicants to fully familiarize themselves with the above outlined duties, abilities, and job
functions. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. All applications will be accepted on a first-come,
first-served basis. Hiring may occur at any time during the recruitment process. Applicants selected for an interview will
be administered a Skills-Based Test as part of the interview process. Finalist may be subject to a background check.
The LCB application is located at: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/CareerOpenings/A/. All applicants must submit an LCB Employment Application, cover letter, and a current résumé. Email may be used to
transmit your application, letter and résumé. Please utilize a Word or PDF format and send it to email@example.com.
You may also mail your application, letter, and résumé to:
Legislative Counsel Bureau
Attn: Ken Kruse
401 S. Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701-4747
For questions about the application process please contact Ken Kruse at 775-684-6966.
NOTE: The Legislative Counsel Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, political affiliation or
Closing Date/Time: Until recruitment needs are satisfied
Carson City, Nevada