CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH
College of Business
Department of Accountancy
Tenure-Track Position Opening
Recruitment Number: 2630
Position: Assistant Professor of Accountancy
Effective Date: August 17, 2021 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Ph.D. or DBA with a major in Accounting from AACSB-accredited business school. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2021.
• Demonstrated ability for effective teaching of Financial and Managerial Accounting courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
• Demonstrated potential for scholarship leading to high quality academic publications.
• Demonstrated potential for curriculum development
• Demonstrated potential for service contributions to the department, college, university and community.
• Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) with professional experience related to certification
• Effective teaching experience at college level face to face, hybrid and online mode of teaching
• Teaching and mentoring students from under-represented groups
• Teach undergraduate and graduate Accounting courses, such as Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Intermediate Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, and Advanced Accounting. Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof.
• Engage in research, scholarly and creative activities leading to presentation and publication.
• Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here:
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
• An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
• Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
• CV (including current email address)
• Names and contact information for three references
• Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
• Finalists will also be required to submit the following:
1) A signed SC-1 form,
2) Three current letters of recommendation independently provided by references, and
3) An official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Sudha Krishnan, Chair, Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Accountancy
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8504
Review of applications to begin September 21, 2020
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Long Beach, California