R1916F FILING DATES
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED STARTING May 27, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. (PT)
The first review of applications will take place on June 1, 2020.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service
are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.SPECIAL SALARY INFORMATION
This position is subject to the provisions of the Management Appraisal of Performance Plan (MAPP). Initial salary placement and subsequent salary adjustments will be made in accordance with MAPP guidelines and regulations TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
Open Competitive Job Opportunity REBULLETIN INFORMATION
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS A REBULLETIN TO REOPEN THE FILING PERIOD.
With more than 10 million residents, Los Angeles County is the most populous county in the nation. As the largest employer in Southern California, over 112,000 employees in more than 36 Departments provide vital public services as diverse as law enforcement, property assessment, public health protection, water conservation, cultural activities and many more.
The Department of Human Resources (DHR) is committed to providing innovative and efficient HR solutions by recruiting, developing, and retaining a highly qualified, diverse workforce for the nation's largest County. We serve as the central HR agency for the County and partner with line operations to provide an integrated and balanced approach to HR management.
We deliver the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the entire County through our employees who make the difference in providing services for our community.The Opportunity:
Our ideal candidate is innovative, motivated, and passionate about recruiting the best talent! We are searching for someone excited by the opportunity to develop strategic direction in the areas of recruitment marketing and branding, hiring and selection, onboarding and operational metrics. This position influences and interacts with all levels, from line staff to our highest level executives.
Essential Job Functions
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
- Lead the Recruiting division for C-suite placements and direct development of its operations and programs
- Set strategic direction for and lead activities engaged in bring innovation to HR programs
- Advise executives and other managers on topics related to recruitment, hiring, and selection
- Direct highly complex or sensitive projects related to recruiting, selection and onboarding and participate in the department's short- and long-term planning process
- Represent the department and your division when working with the Board of Supervisors, other County departments, and outside organizations (e.g., community groups, private agencies, public/non-profit agencies)
1. Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university and three years of experience at the level of Principal Analyst, Human Resources* or higher in recruitment, examination and selection**.
2. Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university and three years of experience managing*** through subordinate supervisors, in recruitment, examination and selection.
We need you to submit proof of education along with the application. Acceptable documents are:
- A photocopy of diploma or official transcript
*Experience at the level of Principal Analyst, Human Resources is defined as having immediate responsibility for a major central human resources program providing operating departments with professional services. Must demonstrate management and leadership skills in providing professional services, guidance, and oversight in administration of the program and when dealing with all meaningful partners within the organization.
**Employment recruitment, selection and placement activities include specialized tasks such as developing recruitment strategies, overseeing the development and posting of recruitment bulletins, conducting job analyses, developing selection plans, participating and developing various test parts (e.g., written tests, structured interviews, evaluation of training and experience, and performance tests), administering and coordinating test parts.
***Qualifying management and supervisory experience must have included, at a minimum, setting goals, assigning and reviewing work, writing performance evaluations, taking disciplinary actions, and counseling.License:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.Physical expectations:
The job requires light physical effort which may include considerable walking, occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting.Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one of the following areas:
- setting direction for recruitment programs
- developing and/or improving programs including new or modified HR programs, policies, and work methods for delivering effective HR programs and services
- effectively directing, leading, and evaluating the work of a variety of professional and technical team members in administrative, human resources, and other support functions in both staff and line capacities.
- Using technology to enhance recruitment, branding, and selection.
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan that promotes the vision, mission, and core values
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities to develop and lead high performing, large, and complex HR projects and programs and provide strategic direction.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the application of HR principles and practices of a large and complex human resources program.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities in applying the business and management principles involved in short and long term planning, change management, resource allocation, HR modeling, leadership techniques, and execution of business functions in order to meet organizational goals and objectives and evaluate accomplishments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of an expertise in interpreting Federal, State, and local labor and employment laws, and regulations, and ability to effectively apply them to public sector HR related issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills in interacting effectively with County department management staff, public officials, union representatives, other employee organizations, departments, and staff.
- Professional Human Resources Certification or designation, i.e., International Public Management Association - Human Resources (IPMA-HR) or Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), etc.
Please be sure to include any and all relevant experience on your application. To receive credit for any certification and/or degrees, include a legible copy of certificate, diploma or official transcripts when you submit your application or within fifteen (15) calendar days from application submission. If you are unable to attach the documents to the application, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include exam number and exam title.
Additional Information Our Process:
Once we determine that you meet the requirements, we will invite you to take assessments of the competencies required for this job.
PART I: An online multiple choice assessment weighted at 60% covering Achievement, Practical Intelligence, Social Influence, Interpersonal, Self-Adjustment, and Conscientiousness.
PART II: A writing assessment weighted 40% measuring English Structure and Content, Written Expression, and Prioritizing Information.
We accept a score of 70% or greater on each part to pass. Everyone who successfully completes the assessments will be placed on a eligible register, which is valid for 12 months.
If you took an identical assessment in the past 12 months, we automatically transfer your answers to this opportunity. We will transfer your assessment responses to any future opportunity within 12 months.
These assessments are not reviewable per Civil Service Rule 7.19.
If you have a disability and need accommodation to take the assessment, please contact our ADA Coordinator at email@example.com. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can respond without any time loss for you on the recruitment.
Please contact us with any questions:ADA Coordinator Email:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype:
(800) 897-0077California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Department Contact Name:
Adam SalgadoDepartment Contact Phone:
Exam Number: R1916FDepartment Contact Email:
We are a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment.
The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the incident(s), and age at the time of the offense(s).Any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed
.Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the policy of the County of Los Angeles to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons, regardless of races, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability or any other characteristics protected by State or Federal law. All positions are open to qualified men and women pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. The County will comply with all of its obligations under State and Federal laws regarding the provision of reasonable accommodations to applicants.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous