Position Overview About the Position
As the Security Enterprise Architect, you will be required to provide the highest level of technical expertise for the design and implementation of the County's telecommunications, data network, systems, and application security controls. In this role, you have the opportunity to provide expert guidance for designing robust enterprise information systems solutions that comply with all Maricopa County security policies, procedures, and standards. You will also make a positive impact on the County by conducting enterprise network and system risk analysis and consulting with operational departments on approved network security controls to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, codes, rules and regulations, and policies.About the Office of Enterprise Technology (OET)
Are you looking for a career in a dynamic organization that embraces a can-do spirit?
Look no further than Maricopa County OET. We are a team that prides ourselves on leveraging technology to create digital transformations. We look for ways to bring about innovative solutions while providing top-notch customer service.
Apply today and become part of the team that makes a lasting impact on the future of technology at Maricopa County.Position Qualifications
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications.Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
ORCombined education and experience qualifications
- Seven (7) years related IT work experience which includes:
- Four (4) years of experiencein secure system design; and
- Two (2) years of experience in a dedicated information security role at a senior level.
- Experience may substitute for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
Our Preferred Candidate has
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain by the time of hire, a valid Arizona driver's license.
Essential Job Tasks
- Four (4) years administering and securing any combination of:
- Administering and securing Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experienceadministering and securing network devices including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- One of the following certifications:
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or Security+ certification.
- Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) certification.
- TOGAF (The Open Group Architectural Framework)
- Other certification demonstrating competency in security architecture
- Aligns Information Security Architecture efforts with other Enterprise Architecture/ Information Management counterparts to ensure overall alignment of architecture components.
- Works closely with other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, as well as to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Formulates and conduct complex IT architecture assignments utilizing a wide range of professional techniques, industry knowledge, and independent reasoning to ensure and uphold data security and integrity.
- Evaluates and develop secure solutions, based on approved security architectures. Analyzes business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Serves as a security expert in application development, database designs, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts. Provides guidance and leadership to assist project teams to comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Researches, designs and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Provides continuous improvement through review of existing IT systems and applications as well as performing detailed analysis of potential threats and risk assessment results to identify, design, and implement appropriate security controls/solutions.
- Coordinates the development and delivery of County training programs for Information Security awareness, policies, standards and guidelines.
- Participates in, and provide high-level support to the County information security incident management and response program.
- Provides technical expertise and general operational and backup support to Information Security personnel.
Work performed in a general office environment, and may require the ability to respond 24/7 as needed. May require occasional lifting of equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Position may require travel to and from job related locations during the course of a scheduled workday, subject to County policies regarding use of County vehicles and/or private vehicles used on County business.Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous